Solved Question for you guys..important

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, so i was console banned today, i know there is no way to get rid of it.. thats not what im about to ask. If i buy an xbox from walmart and swap it out for another than take it back(saying it has rrod) will they exchange it for a new one or give me cash back? I'm pretty sure they will exchange and not give me money back, not sure if you guys have done this yet and can give me some tips.

Another question...if i do swap out the banned box and get the not banned one and exchange the banned box i switched out for another xbox..i will have two not banned boxes(since they probably wont give me cash) this leads me to my question, can you flash a lite-on without buying some kit my friend told me i needed...something about a probe and something else?

bal3wolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its not legal and you could get caught but the newest liteons cant even be flashed or dumped right now.

AnonymousModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
iTz MiKe said:
no they can be flashed but you need another kit to do it.
Could you post a link to a guide or website explaining how to do this, as I'm buying a new 360 on Monday. My Elite got banned :.( Thanks!

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AnonymousModder said:
Could you post a link to a guide or website explaining how to do this, as I'm buying a new 360 on Monday. My Elite got banned :.( Thanks!
There about 5 tutorials on this site..put in the search bar "flash lite-on".... I am trying to see if there is anyway to flash them without a probe or whatever its called.

bal3wolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No the liteons that have firewere 9xx on them cant be dumped or flashed thats what is probly in alot of the newer 360s now.

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if i buy a 360 at the store right now and i have the connectivity kit and probe i will be able to flash it or are the newer liteons unable to be flashed?

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
im pretty sure in stores the type of Lite-on is still a DG-16D2S, which is what I have, and it's flashed

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok..was it hard?...i was reading the jungle flash tutorial for it looked a bit complicated.

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
sorry for not replying.
It looks really hard for a first time, and I know you needed to buy certain tools, so I paid a local guy $40 to flash mine for me

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
the new lite-ons cant be flashed. dont say things your not sure of, its annoying. you wont find a tut on flashing the new lite-ons because there isnt one. they cant even be dumped at the moment.

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
What model are the new ones? I was saying I thought the ones in stores were DG-16D2S, never said i was right

doodlebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chris213 said:
What model are the new ones? I was saying I thought the ones in stores were DG-16D2S, never said i was right
Every Lite-on in a 360 is a DG-16D2S, that's hardware, what is different is the FIRMWARE. The newest one, 9XXXX, is undumpable and unflashable.

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That has nothing to do about this thread....

idk what did or else i would have added that on my post lol

KranK

Reaction score
I gutswapped mine. Since I payed with american express they told me they will only give me cash so it depends how you pay.

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea my friend works at BJ's and he said that they will give me cash back if i return an xbox(swaped with my banned one of course). Than it will most likely be a lite-on and im than gonna trade xbox's with my friend who has a benq.

Top Bottom