Question about telling if a game is a bad rip

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Forgoten Dynasty, Nov 23, 2008 with 6 replies and 1,112 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    I hear alot about people who downloaded COD5 and GOW2 saying they got a bad rip and thats why they got banned. Is there anyway to detecting a bad rip? Is that what stealth checking does?

2. Headshots 1125

Headshots 1125 Premium Premium

Ratings:
  3. OP
    Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    is it possible to get caught even if you are using a good rip

4. CodModzZ4u

CodModzZ4u Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I don't think it was a bad rip, it must have been the review copy of saints 2. I played that and I got banned.

5. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Aye the problem wasn't with a bad rip. There were some ideas going around that there were specific reviewers copies of the games that were leaked and those where the cause of the leak (including GoW2 and CoD5).
    Even if you have a bad rip, it depends on what firmware you have. iXtreme 1.4 is protected against detection via bad rips. However 1.3 and below all can be detected.
    So being caught depends on a few other factors, but it's not caused by if it's a bad rip or not.

6. Bobbypin

Bobbypin Enthusiast

Ratings:
    1.4 protects you against bad Kreon rips, but if your ISO doesn't have the correct stealth files then you're raising a red flag.

7. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Ratings:
    iXtreme 1.4 won't play the game is it isn't stealthed correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.