What's new

Solved Question about KV

WheatSins

WheatSins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi so I have a friend who purchased a pre-owned Xbox 360 and later found out it was banned. At the time of his purchase he didn't know it was banned. So I've been reading the forums and saw that you require a KV to unban, but heres the thing that confuses me. I don't know if you have to have the console already jtagged or jailbroken(I don't know the proper term to use sorry lol). My friend told me that his console isn't jtagged so can I just replace the KV without having it jtagged? If I told I can still jtag it while it's console banned? Thanks for reading my post!

-Wheat

Connor

Connor

Hi :3
Retired
Grammar Nazi Stickied FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi so I have a friend who purchased a pre-owned Xbox 360 and later found out it was banned. At the time of his purchase he didn't know it was banned. So I've been reading the forums and saw that you require a KV to unban, but heres the thing that confuses me. I don't know if you have to have the console already jtagged or jailbroken(I don't know the proper term to use sorry lol). My friend told me that his console isn't jtagged so can I just replace the KV without having it jtagged? If I told I can still jtag it while it's console banned? Thanks for reading my post!

-Wheat
Unfortunately it has to be modded to replace the KV. So you're pretty much SOL.

Connor

Connor

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
And it's not possible to Jtag the console even if it's banned?
No, it's entirely possible. If you JTAG/RGH the console you can replace the KV and go online again.

However since it's now a JTAG you'll have to invest in Stealth or use free Stealth but enjoy replacing it every day. You'd be better off buying a new console if you don't want to go through that hardship.

WheatSins

WheatSins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, it's entirely possible. If you JTAG/RGH the console you can replace the KV and go online again.

However since it's now a JTAG you'll have to invest in Stealth or use free Stealth but enjoy replacing it every day. You'd be better off buying a new console if you don't want to go through that hardship.
Ah okay thanks for taking your time and replying! One more thing though is it required to use a stealth? Like can I change the KV but like not use Xbox Live unless I want to use it?

Connor

Connor

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah okay thanks for taking your time and replying! One more thing though is it required to use a stealth? Like can I change the KV but like not use Xbox Live unless I want to use it?
Yeah you can do that if you want.

Not a bad idea either, there's plenty of stuff to do offline. You can even play online with LiNK for free. However not very many people use it.

Just remember when you go to use live, your console will be banned eventually. Remember though that it's just for online use, you can still use it offline even if it's banned.

WheatSins

WheatSins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah you can do that if you want.

Not a bad idea either, there's plenty of stuff to do offline. You can even play online with LiNK for free. However not very many people use it.

Just remember when you go to use live, your console will be banned eventually. Remember though that it's just for online use, you can still use it offline even if it's banned.
Okay thank you so much for the help! Have a great day or night.

-Wheat

Top Bottom
Login
Register