Question about jailbreaking.

• Thread starter Patrick Symus
  • Start date
  • Views 369
P

Patrick Symus

Reaction score
Sin$
So, due to the fact that iOS will only be available for the newest iPod Touch, my iPod 4th Gen is going to be stuck on 6.1.3, right? So, due to my itouch being at the "end of its iOS" I am thinking of jailbreaking it. I know that there is no jailbreak for 6.1.3 yet, but while I am anticipating it, I will ask my question now. Is there a way to jailbreak my iTouch while keeping all of my files stored on it? (So, for example if I am very far into a game, and it does not support data transfer, is there a way to transfer the files, or even jailbreak it without restoring? I have iFunBox, so I am able to use that if I need to...)

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
So, due to the fact that iOS will only be available for the newest iPod Touch, my iPod 4th Gen is going to be stuck on 6.1.3, right? So, due to my itouch being at the "end of its iOS" I am thinking of jailbreaking it. I know that there is no jailbreak for 6.1.3 yet, but while I am anticipating it, I will ask my question now. Is there a way to jailbreak my iTouch while keeping all of my files stored on it? (So, for example if I am very far into a game, and it does not support data transfer, is there a way to transfer the files, or even jailbreak it without restoring? I have iFunBox, so I am able to use that if I need to...)

1. You never need to restore to jailbreak.
2. The jailbreak for your device will be available hopefully this coming fall when iOS 7 is released.

If you do want to back stuff up through iFunbox just in case, you would just follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPod Touch to your computer.
2. Run iFunbox.
3. Click your iDevice.
4. Double click User Applications.
5. Double click on the app you want to back up.
6. Double click on Documents.
7. Copy out all the stuff you want to save.
Most games save their data in the Documents folder. If you want to just copy everything out of the app, feel free to do so.

P

Patrick Symus

Reaction score
Sin$
1. You never need to restore to jailbreak.
How do I jailbreak without restore? I have only jailbroken a 2nd gen itouch running 4.2.1 before, and I did restore it... I used redsn0w and it told me to put it into dfu mode...

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
How do I jailbreak without restore? I have only jailbroken a 2nd gen itouch running 4.2.1 before, and I did restore it... I used redsn0w and it told me to put it into dfu mode...

Well it says you have to put it in DFU mode, but it doesn't force you to restore your iDevice. I just did that jailbreak on my old iPod Touch and I had no problems with info loss.

P

Patrick Symus

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok... I guess that I had to restore it because the tutorial that I used told me to restore to 4.2.1 anyway so that redsn0w knew exactly what my iTouch was using... Ok. Thank you. And, while I was looking around on the forums, I found these photos: http://imgur.com/a/AZnpW#TdtEPGC... I was wondering if you could tell me what addons/tweaks were used to create those screenshots for when I do jailbreak my iTouch...

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok... I guess that I had to restore it because the tutorial that I used told me to restore to 4.2.1 anyway so that redsn0w knew exactly what my iTouch was using... Ok. Thank you. And, while I was looking around on the forums, I found these photos: http://imgur.com/a/AZnpW#TdtEPGC... I was wondering if you could tell me what addons/tweaks were used to create those screenshots for when I do jailbreak my iTouch...

I believe that is the theme called Whiteline HD. I don't know if it will work on the iPod Touch, but you could always check. To install it all you would need is Winterboard and Whiteline HD. Both are from stock cydia repos so you don't have to add anything else.

Top Bottom
Login
Register