What's new

Solved Question about burning XGD3 games.

• Thread starter ZMOT
  • Start date
  • Views 1,327
ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Ok so I've looked a few tutorials and some are saying to burn with the layer break set to optimal break and some are saying set it to 2133520. I wanted to know which is the most safe as I will be playing on Xbox Live with them.

inb4safestisretail

H

HUST13R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave it at set optimal and if its an XGD3 it should have that layer break setting in the .dvd file which is what you choose when burning.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
Reaction score
Leave it at set optimal and if its an XGD3 it should have that layer break setting in the .dvd file which is what you choose when burning.
I actually just tried it both ways the Zarth's release of MW3 and it failed both times. I think I'm going to have to save up for one of the max burner drives. Flashed drives are starting to get expensive now lol

H

HUST13R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was presuming you had a ihas drive. It will error if not and will not be safe to put in the Xbox or you will get flagged for a ban. Its not realy expensive when you think what your getting out of it.

Try buying all the games you want, that's expensive

Ells

Ells

#yoloswag
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
What needs to be in your .dvd file is:

Code:
LayerBreak=2133520
codmow3.iso

(obviously ISO name different if needs be).
It will burn fine if you Truncate, as it did for me on a Verbatim when I didn't use my iHAS drive. I'd advise picking one up though, as I reburnt with the iHAS before it would allow me to install to xbox.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
Reaction score
I was presuming you had a ihas drive. It will error if not and will not be safe to put in the Xbox or you will get flagged for a ban. Its not realy expensive when you think what your getting out of it.

Try buying all the games you want, that's expensive
Yeah I know it gives an error but mine did at the 50% mark. I thought it got to around 97% before it gave an error. It will be worth it to get the ihas, it just sucks I have to wait until christmas to get it. Which means I have to wait until christmas to play MW3, Skyrim and SR3. :frown:

What needs to be in your .dvd file is:

Code:
LayerBreak=2133520
codmow3.iso

(obviously ISO name different if needs be).
It will burn fine if you Truncate, as it did for me on a Verbatim when I didn't use my iHAS drive. I'd advise picking one up though, as I reburnt with the iHAS before it would allow me to install to xbox.
I've tried it again like this, I will post back if it works or not. I've already tried it once like this and it gave an error around 50%.

L

labowsky

Reaction score
Yeah I know it gives an error but mine did at the 50% mark. I thought it got to around 97% before it gave an error. It will be worth it to get the ihas, it just sucks I have to wait until christmas to get it. Which means I have to wait until christmas to play MW3, Skyrim and SR3. :frown:

I've tried it again like this, I will post back if it works or not. I've already tried it once like this and it gave an error around 50%.

I just ordered a ihas drive for 25 bucks. In canada too, why wait?