• Start date
  • Views 396
O

Oplosthee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

As you probably have noticed, I am totally new to the flashing and wanting to flash my own xbox 360 soon, but there is one question I have and that is about the drive that I use to burn the games with.
I've seen people link to a Lite-On iHas224-06 on newegg and they said it works. Since I live outside of the US I cannot order it from there, but this one seems to be the exact same thing [Link]. Will this one also be able to burn/back up my XGD3 games? And another small question, are there any dangers by powering the drive from your computer instead of and usb pro (or whatever it was called)? Would appreciate answers, and also links to tutorials that still work.

E: Also wondering, Do I need the special PCI sata card with the VIA or NFORCE chipset, or can i just hook it up to the sata ports connected to my motherboard?

-Oplosthee

Last edited:
O

Oplosthee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bump
If I need one of the things, could you also be kind to link me to them, if you want? And now that I think of it, is it still worth doing this or is a x360key way better? And lets say i rip the cd of a friend, is the ban chance the same as by downloading an iso from a website?

E: Read that x360key has a high ban chance, if that is true I wont use it.

Last edited:
Nitro EH

Nitro EH

Live and die on this day
Reaction score
Sin$
well for the burner, according to newegg reviews it seems to be random what chipset you get, so i guess that probably applies to the site you wish to buy it off of also. So in other words it's a gamble whether you will get the correct burner. You can use your onboard sata for flashing if it is supported but could cause freezing. The source of an iso is irrelevant as you always run it through abgx and will automatically stealth patch it right if needed.Yes an xkey has a higher risk on live

O

Oplosthee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a site where im 100% sure I get a working one and also not that expensive?
And how do I find out if my onboard sata is supported?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a site where im 100% sure I get a working one and also not that expensive?
And how do I find out if my onboard sata is supported?
I wouldnt know a site for your area, but you just want to make sure it is a model B. Im pretty sure you just have to try your sata chipset to see if it works. This site may also help you:
http://c4evaspeaks.com/

O

Oplosthee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldnt know a site for your area, but you just want to make sure it is a model B. Im pretty sure you just have to try your sata chipset to see if it works. This site may also help you:
http://c4evaspeaks.com/

I'll see if i can find one that is on that list, and for trying: should i just hook it up to my pc and run jungleflasher?

O

Oplosthee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm done flashing my Xbox 360, had no errors so I think it went fine. Only thing I need now is the Lite-on to burn my games.
But while flashing with JungleFlasher I followed a tutorial, everything seemed to went fine, but I watched another tutorial which told me to press "Erase" before pressing "Write" which the first one didn't. Is this a big problem? Do I need to re-flash it? Writing also erases it, so that question is answered.

Btw, is a xbox with the 13604 dashboard RGH(1)-able?

Last edited:
oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm done flashing my Xbox 360, had no errors so I think it went fine. Only thing I need now is the Lite-on to burn my games.
But while flashing with JungleFlasher I followed a tutorial, everything seemed to went fine, but I watched another tutorial which told me to press "Erase" before pressing "Write" which the first one didn't. Is this a big problem? Do I need to re-flash it? Writing also erases it, so that question is answered.

Btw, is a xbox with the 13604 dashboard RGH(1)-able?
Yes it is.

Top Bottom
Login
Register