What's new

Question about boosting

H

Hydros

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I was wondering if boosting off of killing guests is still ban able like it was in halo 3 because I see a lot of boosting topics on this forum and I am not sure if I should boost or not. Thanks :smile:

Nazgul

Nazgul

Se7enth Reaper
Reaction score
Sin$
I would be careful when boosting and killing Guests, Bungie can detect it.

As far as we know at this stage their Automated Ban-hammer is not operational, so at this stage non detectable.

With each Banhammer swing the mass proclamations of profound innocence become more and more entertaining, and with each subsequent smack down the Banhammer becomes more and more addicted to the delectable taste of booster blood. Soon we will unleash it in its fully automated, self-aware form. You have been warned.

S

S7 Hero

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Reaper- Today i found out about the Sword base glitch thing. I did it a couple of times. Im kinda scared, because i just got on here. And read a thread about people getting banned... what are the consequences and stufff

O

omeganuepsilon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sword base bombing over and over is not a glitch, it's simply playing the same checkpoint over and over, and Bungie themselves said that is OK, almost word for word.

As far as killing off guests however:
It is detectable now, but it's not, by rule of thumb, actively searched for(no bans that anyone knows of for this alone). Remember, your service record on bungie has a complete history of all matchmaking games, who killed who, how many times, etc. If and when they tune the banhammer for it, there is no telling how far back they'll look.

Anything less than entering MM and playing like normal, whether you're beast or suck balls, will show in your stats for anyone who cares to look. There are threads at bungie posting service records of people who really boost a lot. games where they go +111 kills and zero deaths, stuff like that, game after game after game.

Usually in the past, these people listed as such, did recieve bans in Halo 3. At the moment, I consider it a high risk method.

Top Bottom
Login
Register