Question about a console ban.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Lerp, Aug 14, 2009 with 7 replies and 343 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lerp

Lerp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I heard that some one that got console banned recovered his GT on another console to play with. That console then also got banned for no apparent reason.

My question is this. If my console is banned, is it safe to recover my GT on another console and use it? Or will that get the other console banned?

2. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    I don't think it will be safe.

I'm sure they banned his other console because he was bending the rules.

3. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Profiles and Harddrives are completely transferable when your console is banned. Now depending on why he got banned might be a different story. If he was banned for modding gamerscore, editing avatar or anything profile related. THEN MAYBE it will be a possibility that if you recover it you can be banned again. Other than that profiles and harddrives are completely safe.

4. OP
    Lerp

Lerp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    He said it was for having stolen accounts on his system. I have also received a couple accounts from him, and he told me they were not stolen, but I am now console banned, and don't want to get another console banned. I am positive this is what caused my ban, as I don't mod or anything like that.

5. Anubis

Anubis Information Technician - PCMasterRace Premium

Ratings:
    yea in a major nelson blog a while ago they said your now going to get console banned for stealing gamertags...you can blame me for that lol i phished e's friends account and his cousin flipped out and told e then i was talking to him in a private chat...Thats most likly like i was console banned aswell...

6. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    But when they ban your console, don't they ban your main account as well?

7. Anubis

Anubis Information Technician - PCMasterRace Premium

Ratings:
    Not nessasarly...to see if your account banned just check your email it emails you when your banned/suspended..or you can log into xbox.com i think

8. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Only your Console gets banned, you can get on another Xbox, just don't jack accounts anymore lol.