Discussion Quantum Computers

• Thread starter Laugh
  • Start date
  • Views 328
L

Laugh

Contributor
Reaction score
Note: Before posting look it up. Thank you.

Now what do you guys think of it? Within 3 decades I can easily see these replacing current computers in the greed for more powerful computers. These computers could crack RSA keys (like the one for Xbox), download and convet Gmails database to plaintext, leak the database of Se7ensins, etc within seconds. What do you think of this kind of power?

Operating System
  1. Windows
D

Diesel

I love the smell of Diesel in the morning
Reaction score
Everything will change with time, therefore everything will be built differently to deal with this kind of power. Otherwise some idiot could get almost anything they want.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
This wouldn't happen to be anything like the computer that was on a game show about a month or two ago, would it? Trying to find it at the moment, but basically, this computer was versing 2-3 humans and was able to take in the question and find an answer quicker than the other participants.

If it's anything like that, we're screwed. I truly believe that computers will be so advanced, even its maker will not be able to turn it off. Something out of a Hollywood movie script, but I seriously believe it.

L

Laugh

Contributor
Reaction score
This wouldn't happen to be anything like the computer that was on a game show about a month or two ago, would it? Trying to find it at the moment, but basically, this computer was versing 2-3 humans and was able to take in the question and find an answer quicker than the other participants.

If it's anything like that, we're screwed. I truly believe that computers will be so advanced, even its maker will not be able to turn it off. Something out of a Hollywood movie script, but I seriously believe it.

No, that's just a normal computer haha. Imagine that times...uhm...10,000. It uses the energy of atoms (you know the thing that can destroy a city) to store data.

S

Blac

Getting There
Reaction score
Nice avatar :drool:

X

xXmau5tr4pXx

Getting There
Reaction score
We are just one step closer from robot nazi zombies taking over the world and ruling humans.... :biggrin:

F

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
supposedly qauntum computers will be able to do everything in the same amount of time, from easy passwords to rsa keys. 30 years though to me is far to little. Right now they are only theorizing, and i don't even think a prototype has been built. One of the huge problems is heat. The place that it is in would need to be near absolute zero, just so it doesn't break itself.

D

duff

Petrolsexual
Retired
Reaction score

You are talking about IBM's "Watson." I posted a thread about it being on Jeopardy awhile back and it is quite interesting. Here was the thread.

Watson was basically just a Artificial Intelligence computer. It was programed and has no internet activity what so ever. They said it will be huge technology in the medical field with being able to list symptoms and get an accurate diagnosis. They have been touring it around the world I guess.

Wait don't you work for IBM? :o

L

Laugh

Contributor
Reaction score
supposedly qauntum computers will be able to do everything in the same amount of time, from easy passwords to rsa keys. 30 years though to me is far to little. Right now they are only theorizing, and i don't even think a prototype has been built. One of the huge problems is heat. The place that it is in would need to be near absolute zero, just so it doesn't break itself.

Theorizing began in the 80's. They made simple computers that do simple calculations, but nothing close to practical.

Top Bottom