• Thread starter Deceitful Echo
  • Start date
  • Views 6,733
Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Could I take a video from Halo 4 theatre and edit it and put it back on the Xbox?

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Could I take a video from Halo 4 theatre and edit it and put it back on the Xbox?
Theoretically, yes, but films are just instructions for the game engine to play back and don't contain any actual video data. For the most part, all that people have figured out to do is edit armor settings, and there isn't any editor for Halo 4 yet that I'm aware of. You could certainly look into it yourself though if you have a hex editor and can figure out any hashes that might be on the file.

Xerax did some basic research on the Reach film format here. If you can make any sense of it, I'm pretty sure it might be similar to the format used by Halo 4.

Upvote 0
Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So would the files for those films be in file format I could convert to like .avi, .mov, or .MP4 or such?

Upvote 0
B

belucheez

Reaction score
Sin$
So would the files for those films be in file format I could convert to like .avi, .mov, or .MP4 or such?

Just like amd42 said, they are not video files. They are instructions for the game engine to "replay" what happened. Pretty much it remembers all of the button presses and pretty much plays out what happened.

Upvote 0
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Just like amd42 said, they are not video files. They are instructions for the game engine to "replay" what happened. Pretty much it remembers all of the button presses and pretty much plays out what happened.

That's actually really interesting. It would make much for sense this way as opposed to recording every last second of gameplay footage.

Upvote 0
R

Randactyl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats how you are able to see it from every angle.
That makes sense for whole films, but why load up the engine for a clip that you've already made in Theater?

I'm not denying that clips aren't rendered in engine every time you watch them. That would probably explain why they aren't viewable in a party.

Upvote 0
Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you make your own footage then? Or take out that file and change the recording of what buttons were pressed?

Upvote 0
lordcrusnik1986

lordcrusnik1986

God of Halo Forge
Reaction score
Sin$
since its not actually a film persay in order for them to be visible someone would have to reverse engineer halo 4 and create a program that can read the instructions on the file, graphically, and still be able to read every movement on the screen (forge theater features) the best someone could possibly do is read your spartan view.....i wouldnt expect full on theater features (if one is ever devoloped)

Upvote 0
Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That would be an amazing project to undertake. I am not good enough to do anything close to that lol.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register