Discussion pulling host

• Thread starter bungl3 h4t3s m3
  • Start date
  • Views 736
B

bungl3 h4t3s m3

Reaction score
Sin$
i was wondering if anyone made breakthroughs on how to garunteee host in h3...

im pretty sure i had host this game and liked it alot... :smile: evn tho we lost

Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 Game Details

im "i lose lulz"

just in custom games would be sufficient...i NEVER get host even with 5mbps upload...or even when i had 20mbps upload

xRiddik

xRiddik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bridging host still work's as long as you're not standbying or cheating in any other way (although bridging host is classified as cheating lol)
But about you not getting host.. well okay, firstly, i'm from Australia and us australians lag like *** on american connections to be honest i HATE american host therfore only ever play with people from australia or new zealand and well my friend from new zealand with 12meg down/2.5meg up always i mean ALWAYS get's host in every game we go in at level 45 with quickest connection match up with americans and get host over them considering the chances of australians or new zealanders of getting host is like 5% this kid seems to get it 100% i don't really understand it every one thinks he cheats for it but he seems legit. :smile: so i got no idea why you're not getting host with your connection at the moment.:frown:

.Perfection

.Perfection

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you need to bridge.
without it there is no real way...

if i was in a party with my friends, all from UK (4 UK players in game)
and then we get matched against an american party of 4 (4 US players) it should go to the person who can support the game the best. this is not always the case....
not to offend, nut every time an australian player gets host, even if the players in his/her party are from aus, the game lags... im on 20m upload, and dont get host every game.. it depends who you play with/against
unless your bridging,

D

DJ Shepherd

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
i released bridging a long time ago had you used the search button
but it doesnt determine just the best connection it looks at who has the most compatable router with everyone, what network history that xbox has, etc

xRiddik

xRiddik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
.Perfection said:
you need to bridge.
without it there is no real way...

if i was in a party with my friends, all from UK (4 UK players in game)
and then we get matched against an american party of 4 (4 US players) it should go to the person who can support the game the best. this is not always the case....
not to offend, nut every time an australian player gets host, even if the players in his/her party are from aus, the game lags... im on 20m upload, and dont get host every game.. it depends who you play with/against
unless your bridging,

i don't quite get that part, But i know for a fact aussies never get host when we're just searching for quickest because we just get matched up with americans an they get host... but if we have some one with ADSL2+ we have a 60% chance of getting it.. but this kid from NZ always gets it:cool:
But he is always like don't worry im host, and im sure he isn't bridging to get it every game he joined a party last and still got it, it doesn't matter if he makes the party first or not this kid get's host 90% of the time... im saying 90 because every time i've played with him he's gotten it and there is some times i dont play with him so there might be some times when he doesn't get it. but im not sure about it...

D

DJ Shepherd

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
again the ONLY way you can tell is from analyzing the network using commview, cain, etc, otherwise you are just words...
btw anyone can get host a lot depending on the players and their networks, maybe most of the players cant fully connect to everyone except that one person, but then you will find people that are the same but with a better connection

xRiddik

xRiddik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Commview? what the ****... if you honestly can not tell if you're not host by throwing a grenade you're a scrub. if you play off host 100% of the time you would definately know when you're host.
From what i know of there's About 6 ways of telling if you're host..
and yes, you're right about the NAT configuration.. about people not being able to join each other so it select's host to some one every one can join. alot of people don't realise that though.:wink:

D

DJ Shepherd

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
did i offend you? wow, i didnt know a gay kid could be more of a man than you, i hurt your widdle fewwings xDDD i love how the person you call a skrub figured out how to bridge in halo 3 and gave it to the community

what a scrub is is a person that tries to justify visual interpretation of differences of lag against hard network evidence, come talk to me when you documented the packet flow, even then, the network configuration (not just the NAT) rule would still hold

xRiddik

xRiddik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol, why are you flaunting your gay, it's not like you're interested in men. By the looks of it your into the animals. which personally i have no problem with it's your life and what you do in your own bed room is your own business by all means.
and i also love how you actually jump to the conclusion you discovered this whole bridging (LOL HHAHAHA) i would of thought you'd be like in the wild looking for some animals.. but maybe aren't into animals and enjoy the comfort of talking to a straight man knowing the fact he has a penis in his pant's you'll never get. but hey it's not my fault you consider me as a threat because i actually know wtf im talking about.

D

DJ Shepherd

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
woot, yay for flame wars, reported, im out of here after this, you obviously have a misconception about furries, read the furry section on my little freewebs website i have just for people like you, what you just said told me that no, you dont know what you are talking about, life or at xbox, see? i did hurt your lil fewwings <3 sorry dude, i didnt mean to, ill try and take your fewwings into consideration next time, sowwy <333 love you hun

btw i did figure out how for halo 3, i showed venomous fire and headshots (they can back me up), released how to do it, thus I allowed krafty to make a tutorial of it, thats why at the top it says credits to DJ Shepherd and Headshots (he saw the easy shortcut in Cain)

D

DJ Shepherd

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
lawl not really, im not frustrated at all, pawing off does wonders, im fine ^.~

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Without bridging I think its whoever signed in fastest when they got on Halo 3, or foreigners above us even if its only 1 of them. I pulled host from a Fiber Optics or whatever its called yesterday and I run on a T3 the last time I checked. The game lagged balls since it was people from the 4 corners of the US, but in matchmaking, count on a foreign host.

Top Bottom
Login
Register