Reaction score
Sin$
This is dead sexy
IMGP1360.jpg

Code:
you tube sample video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2sgh2mzfck

Quoting the maker

"This mod has taken me 2 months to finish. It's been a love hate relasionship with the psp during that time. Theres been so many times I've wanted to throw it out my window and watch it sail 15 floors down. But with the suport of the R&D crew I finaly managed to get this thing finished.

Here's a few photos to give you an idea of how I put this mod together.

This was my initial concept drawing. I didnt really deviate from my original plan.

208_12_03_07_1_52_45.jpg

This was the first time I tapped the dpad and the left sholder. I've since repeated this about 20 times untill my original mobo finaly gave up. Thanks to Cyberpyrot I was back in the sadle after a couple of weeks with a new mobo. This was the hardest part of the psp side of things and took the longest to get right.

208_12_03_07_1_53_23.jpg

The next thing I did was to see if my suction cup idea would work and to attatch it to the ps2 con.

208_12_03_07_1_52_11.jpg

Then came the rewire and 15pin socket(vga type) install on the ps2 con. This was dificut not ony because of the amount of soldering but also because the two sticks where going to be working in two diferent ways. So the right hand stick had to have all of the tracks cut from around its solder points and to the rest of the pcb. That took me a while to figure out.

208_12_03_07_1_47_31.jpg

Then I started testing

208_12_03_07_1_46_49.jpg

Once I was happy that all the buttons where working, I moved on to installing mini usb sockets in a new clear case (thanks to coolmods.co.uk). These where replaced a couple of times but the pic you see here is the final version.

208_12_03_07_1_53_56.jpg

Then I made an nice little cable to attache to the socket. I should probably point out the reson I used a socket rather than a direct conection was to leave it open for me to attatch other modded controllers (SNES is coming).

208_12_03_07_1_49_50.jpg

Then after a few weeks of bug fixing (losing the leds in the process because I needed that line for something else), I finaly got it finished."

208_08_03_07_5_24_26.jpg

C

Carbon123444

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
if he mass produces it i will so buy a psp agian, (sold mine :frown: ) that is awesome though.

H

hexitnow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
u could do this way before this guy came out with this mod. does anyone remember psp2tv...not the mirror bull**** either.....psp2tv allowed u to hook up a ps2 controller to ur psp.

R

rumproast789

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
do they still make that hexitnow? i would lov eto see that, i think this looks cool, but im not risking my mobo, so ill just try the 360 controller :smile:

H

hexitnow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah i believe they still make it but it's not the easiest to install and is a risk to ur mobo :frown:

Top Bottom
Login
Register