• Thread starter N0xMEANSxN0
  • Start date
  • Views 11,377
N0xMEANSxN0

N0xMEANSxN0

Forgive and Forget
Reaction score
Sin$
While there are other tutorials out there they seem outdated and i wish to freshen thins up. I love my psp. It is hands down the best handheld gaming console (modded) in my opinion.

So let's get into the items requirements.

-PSP OFW 6.60 - (Offical firmware. you dont have to do anything special to get this. this is sony's firmware for the psp. You do not need 6.60, but the files below will only work on 6.60. Usage on any other firmware may result in bricking you psp. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.)

-Pro B-10 (This is the "modded" firmware or better known as Custom firmware. there is a wide variety of cfw's out there. i prefer this one myself) There will be a link below.

Some way of getting the files onto the PSP.
I.E. A cable

Now Let's Go through the steps.

1. Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/29jx5wh5lrl9mii/prob10cfw.rar

Virus scan:https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/e...8366bff9a810eea156b451ec/analysis/1401698552/

2: Plug PSP into your computer and make sure to go to usb connection in the settings of the psp to allow data transfer.

3: Go into your psp drive. then open the folder PSP then inside open the folder labeled GAME.

4: Dump the files from The file you downloaded into the GAME folder.

5: Wait for data to fully transfer then safetly disconnect your psp.

6: Load up PSP, Go to your games, and run PRO-UPDATE 6.60 Pro-B 10( something along those lines.)

7: Press 'x' To instal.

8: Your psp should reboot and there you go! You can now access the vhs menu by pressing select at the home screen.

Important Notes:

- You will need to run fast recovery everytime you shut off your psp to re-apply the cfw. you no longer need the pro update file.

-CIPL flasher is a permanent mod so you do not have to keep using fast recovery everytime. BUT it only works on psp 1000's as far as i know.

-If you wish to play ISO's you will need to make a folder in the root of your PSP and name it ISO. yes caps. To back up games I recommend UMD killer.

-Any homebrew's or backups will either not show up for not run if you have not used fast recovery after start up.

Feel free to ask questions. i wrote this about 4am so i most likely have a few typos. :tongue:

Have Fun

Puhgy

Puhgy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This reminds me of the good old days where people from my school would have there hacked psps and we would all play atv games together and have lots of fun.

N0xMEANSxN0

N0xMEANSxN0

Forgive and Forget
Reaction score
Sin$
This reminds me of the good old days where people from my school would have there hacked psps and we would all play atv games together and have lots of fun.

Me and my friend played duodecim together :biggrin: God, that game is amazing.

Jason

Jason

Seasoned Member
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
While there are other tutorials out there they seem outdated and i wish to freshen thins up. I love my psp. It is hands down the best handheld gaming console (modded) in my opinion.

So let's get into the items requirements.

Feel free to ask questions. i wrote this about 4am so i most likely have a few typos. :tongue:

Have Fun

Why don't you make a video for those 3 people that still mod psp 1001-3001. I mean it is pretty easy but you know people still manage screw it up.

MSX

MSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Have Fun
If someone is running 6.20 or below, I would recommend jailbreaking on 6.20 (with the right cfw of course) so you can install a permanent patch. Also, isn't Pro-C2 the latest? Is there anything special about Pro-B over Pro-C?

Why don't you make a video for those 3 people that still mod psp 1001-3001. I mean it is pretty easy but you know people still manage screw it up.
I'm ashamed to say that I am one of those 3 people lol. In my case, I had my PSP sitting under like a layer of dust and just decided to boot it for the first time in years and jailbreak it. I still remember when a pandora battery was needed.

A good thing about a new tut though would be easier to find files (links die) and also have the latest cfw (versus what was the latest when tuts were written like 3 years ago.)

u wot m8

u wot m8

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If someone is running 6.20 or below, I would recommend jailbreaking on 6.20 (with the right cfw of course) so you can install a permanent patch. Also, isn't Pro-C2 the latest? Is there anything special about Pro-B over Pro-C?

I'm ashamed to say that I am one of those 3 people lol. In my case, I had my PSP sitting under like a layer of dust and just decided to boot it for the first time in years and jailbreak it. I still remember when a pandora battery was needed.

A good thing about a new tut though would be easier to find files (links die) and also have the latest cfw (versus what was the latest when tuts were written like 3 years ago.)

I bought a PSP today for a silly low price and it's still on 6.39, is it worth staying or just updating to latest?

MSX

MSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a PSP today for a silly low price and it's still on 6.39, is it worth staying or just updating to latest?
I think it's possible to downgrade that to 6.20. If you do, you would be able to permanent install a CFW.

u wot m8

u wot m8

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it's possible to downgrade that to 6.20. If you do, you would be able to permanent install a CFW.

OK, thanks. Can you point me in the right direction?

Top Bottom
Login
Register