• Thread starter Mr Chip53
  • Start date
  • Views 1,173
Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am working on making a MMORPG that is 2D for PSP(Yes, PlayStation Portable) and JAVA(So it can also be played on PC). I have got the client/server model almost complete with data encryption through the interwebs. I was wondering if anyone wanted to help make the game. I can work primarily on the PSP version and if someone wants to port to JAVA for me they can or we can work on them both as a team.

Open Positions:
Coders(I'd say max of 5 people coding, including me)
Artist(Not required for project, but if someone wants to draw up some 2D art for the game be may guest)
JAVA porter(not required but if someone wants to do it, again, be my guest!)
Sound Producer(again not required, but if you want to for fun, thanks!)

I'm currently working on the Map Editor. Then I will probably make the game in JAVA since the Map Editor already has code to display the map. PSP will most likely be put on the back burner :frown:

Map Editor Video:

I will not be able to offer payment as one I dont intend to make money off the game nor do I intend to completely dedicate my time to making this game. I am just wanting something fun to do in my free time!

Also, I'm coding the game on PSP in C and if anyone has a CFW PSP and wants to get into PSP Dev I can help you!

Map Editor:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8t33jh6w6xz7zh/RotSMapEditor.zip?dl=0
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...c546441925cd09a4fe1bfa94/analysis/1414447299/

Last edited:
P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you don't intend to make money or dedicate time, then don't expect anyone to willingly come on board. Just saying.

Also, video is not available.

D

Danza S7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am working on making a MMORPG that is 2D for PSP(Yes, PlayStation Portable) and JAVA(So it can also be played on PC). I have got the client/server model almost complete with data encryption through the interwebs. I was wondering if anyone wanted to help make the game. I can work primarily on the PSP version and if someone wants to port to JAVA for me they can or we can work on them both as a team.

Open Positions:
Coders(I'd say max of 5 people coding, including me)
Artist(Not required for project, but if someone wants to draw up some 2D art for the game be may guest)
JAVA porter(not required but if someone wants to do it, again, be my guest!)
Sound Producer(again not required, but if you want to for fun, thanks!)

Server/Client Video:

I will not be able to offer payment as one I dont intend to make money off the game nor do I intend to completely dedicate my time to making this game. I am just wanting something fun to do in my free time!

Also, I'm coding the game on PSP in C and if anyone has a CFW PSP and wants to get into PSP Dev I can help you!

I'm uploading a video of my server/client model because currently thats all that is done, although, there is already a video of it on the site somewhere.

If you need a tester, I can test. I have a PSP with 6.60 PRO-B and a PSVita with eCFW (PSP homebrew within the vita, TN-V10). I have been interested in the PSP/V scene for a long time, so I will be happy to help where I can.

Liquid44

Liquid44

Banned
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
This looks interesting. PSP modding was the first thing that really got me interested in computing/software haha the good old days of trying to downgrade to the 1.50 kernel just to install custom firmware.

I would be interested to see any progress/development you have made.

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you need a tester, I can test. I have a PSP with 6.60 PRO-B and a PSVita with eCFW (PSP homebrew within the vita, TN-V10). I have been interested in the PSP/V scene for a long time, so I will be happy to help where I can.
Im not quite close on having even an ALPHA build yet. But when I do I will let you know. :thumbsup:

This looks interesting. PSP modding was the first thing that really got me interested in computing/software haha the good old days of trying to downgrade to the 1.50 kernel just to install custom firmware.

I would be interested to see any progress/development you have made.
I haven't actually been able to dedicate enough time to working on this as I like but I started coding the server in C although it was too buggy so I'm porting to Java. While at the same time, Im coding a map editor so one of my personal friends in on the project can start a map design. I may upload the map editor here and see if anyone wants to make a creation that may get featured in the game.
Its close to done and should be by sunday.

Thanks for showing interest in this :smile: I also have a friend that is writing up a bunch of lore to throw into the game so its not too dry!

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive pratically wrapped up making the map editor so after I get it into a JAR I will upload for people to mess around with.

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated the map editor video. Will release it soon. I also added my current road map as far as game development in bold. I'm doing JAVA first, PSP second. If anyone is interested.

Top Bottom
Login
Register