What's new

Discussion PSN Hackers Already Using Stolen Credit Card Data

tiRED

tiRED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
nah they will get caught.. with all the people coming after them its over.

Wait and see then, they won't be caought. Mark my words

X

XboxPlayer

Se7en Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I seriously thought they were bluffing with he credit card stuff.
Sucks for you sony lol

Ancient

Ancient

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone who says they will get caught is retarded. Anyone who is smart enough to hack PSN servers is smart enough to be 'anonymous' on the internet. There are so many ways to be completely invisible on the internet including VPNs, Proxies, and using any free public wifi. If you combine all 3 its literally impossible to be caught. Nothing is traceable.

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
You can easily track where the purchases are coming from. So they aren't THAT clever.
When the purchases are in a t-shirt shop in germany on minute and then in a grocery store in the US they are obviously constantly moving, so they are clever. They most likely sold that credit card data on in the millions and the people who bought that information are using the cards now.

To those saying that this is going too far - I agree they shouldn't be ripping off innocent people, but just think, Sony HAS to pay and compensate for those people's damages, so those people get their money back AND MORE on top. So those people get a bonus payment and Sony lose billions. Sounds good to me.. :wink:

jhitman

jhitman

Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!
Reaction score
Sin$
I just dont really see anything good coming out of this, especially when Sony will not take a point proven by anyone else and the people that have had their personal information sold on the internet will have to go through the trouble of being compensated for cc fraud.

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
So glad I don't have to worry about my information in Sony's crappy hands.

Nobody1356

Nobody1356

Reaction score
Sin$
I believe they said" out of the credit cards stolen, about 900 are active. :tongue:

DrZimbabwe

DrZimbabwe

Peace at Last
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Hence why I never put my credit card info on my PS3 account.

L

LiteCrowd

Reaction score
Sin$
American cards were not stolen. Only a few countries in the EU (Germany, Spain etc) had the details breached, sony even admitted that only Non-US cards were stolen so alot of these claims are false and are putting a bad image on Sony (more so ofc). Also the database was from 2007 so I would assume most of the cards would have expired buy then.

SigmaticLegend

SigmaticLegend

Legends never die, they just get better.
Reaction score
Sin$
The hackers are going to far now, hacking PSN, fair enough. Sony got what was coming to them, but using innocent peoples credit cards just to prove a point to Sony is a bit far.

To be fair I wouldn't trust Sony with any of my credit cards to be honest. I use a throwaway prepaid card for anything PSN purchasing and a strong no logging VPN just for the extra edge.

Top Bottom
Login
Register