Dismiss Notice

Guest,
We are celebrating 14 years since the inception of Se7enSins! Join us in our celebrations!

Discussion PSN Hackers Already Using Stolen Credit Card Data

Discussion in 'PlayStation 3' started by iDewky, Apr 30, 2011 with 31 replies and 2,387 views.

1. tiRED

tiRED Enthusiast

Ratings:

2. XboxPlayer

XboxPlayer Se7en Sinner Premium

Ratings:
    I seriously thought they were bluffing with he credit card stuff.
    Sucks for you sony lol

3. Ancient

Ancient Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Anyone who says they will get caught is retarded. Anyone who is smart enough to hack PSN servers is smart enough to be 'anonymous' on the internet. There are so many ways to be completely invisible on the internet including VPNs, Proxies, and using any free public wifi. If you combine all 3 its literally impossible to be caught. Nothing is traceable.

4. Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse Member

Ratings:
    When the purchases are in a t-shirt shop in germany on minute and then in a grocery store in the US they are obviously constantly moving, so they are clever. They most likely sold that credit card data on in the millions and the people who bought that information are using the cards now.

To those saying that this is going too far - I agree they shouldn't be ripping off innocent people, but just think, Sony HAS to pay and compensate for those people's damages, so those people get their money back AND MORE on top. So those people get a bonus payment and Sony lose billions. Sounds good to me.. :wink:

5. Parohdox

Parohdox I Love the Illuminati

Ratings:
    Sony Security Fails......

6. jhitman

jhitman Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!

Ratings:
    I just dont really see anything good coming out of this, especially when Sony will not take a point proven by anyone else and the people that have had their personal information sold on the internet will have to go through the trouble of being compensated for cc fraud.

7. Tyler

Tyler Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &

Ratings:
    So glad I don't have to worry about my information in Sony's crappy hands.

8. Black Rain

Black Rain Enthusiast

Ratings:
    haha good think I don't have a PS3

9. Nobody1356

Nobody1356 Newbie

Ratings:
    I believe they said" out of the credit cards stolen, about 900 are active. :tongue:

10. DrZimbabwe

DrZimbabwe Peace at Last

Ratings:
    Hence why I never put my credit card info on my PS3 account.

11. LiteCrowd

LiteCrowd Newbie

Ratings:
    American cards were not stolen. Only a few countries in the EU (Germany, Spain etc) had the details breached, sony even admitted that only Non-US cards were stolen so alot of these claims are false and are putting a bad image on Sony (more so ofc). Also the database was from 2007 so I would assume most of the cards would have expired buy then.

12. SigmaticLegend

SigmaticLegend Legends never die, they just get better.

Ratings:
    To be fair I wouldn't trust Sony with any of my credit cards to be honest. I use a throwaway prepaid card for anything PSN purchasing and a strong no logging VPN just for the extra edge.