Discussion PSN Hackers Already Using Stolen Credit Card Data

iDewky

Banned
Reaction score

An article from the Financial Times strongly implies that the PSN security hackers have already commenced using the stolen credit card data. The respective newspaper, features a case study with a gamer who had a bank call him one day after the PSN hack to query a $900 transaction. However, the respective gamer had no knowledge of the transaction to 'Dr Jay's' online clothing store. The Financial Times previously noted that the 'coincedences can indeed be striking'.
Source - http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?45808-PSN-hackers-already-using-stolen-credit-card-data

More Information From TheFallofReach​
The claims of fraud include the equivalent of $1,500 spent in a German grocery store on an American credit card, and dozens of people reporting charges on items such as German airline tickets and Japanese stores.
Source - http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2011/apr/29/playstation-network-hackers-credit-cards

Tpcify

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your telling me these guys are still alive. These guys are so dead when they get caught.

ReSuReKtZ

Reaction score
You can easily track where the purchases are coming from. So they aren't THAT clever.
Obvviously you don't understand that they can go to any public wifi area make the purchases and then leave and then they wont be able to track it..

Halo

AIDS for everyone
Reaction score
I was about to post a thread similar to this, but I guess I'll just add to this one.

The claims of fraud include the equivalent of $1,500 spent in a German grocery store on an American credit card, and dozens of people reporting charges on items such as German airline tickets and Japanese stores.
Source

xxXtReMeZzz

Respect the Cosby. Cosby rules all.
Reaction score
The hackers are going to far now, hacking PSN, fair enough. Sony got what was coming to them, but using innocent peoples credit cards just to prove a point to Sony is a bit far.

WickedxJosh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no proof it was the ps3 hackers. Just could have had it stolen at any of the other hundreds of websites/stores he has been to.

I really don't think such a skilled hacker would do all this for a few t-shirts.

xxXtReMeZzz

Respect the Cosby. Cosby rules all.
Reaction score
There is no proof it was the ps3 hackers. Just could have had it stolen at any of the other hundreds of websites/stores he has been to.

I really don't think such a skilled hacker would do all this for a few t-shirts.
Maybe it isnt the PS3 hackers, but considering the circumstamces, it most likely is. Also they are probably not doing it for "A few T-Shirts" They are doing to prove a point to Sony, show them that it is possible to get into the "Unhackable console" and retrieve millions of credit card details without being caught.

Mone

Getting There
Reaction score
this reminds me of that Russian chick hacker that was doing what they are doing and she got caught

Riku

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i guess this screws every hacker that gets into a courtcase with Sony..........graf chokolo(or however you spell it should go for the settlement right now

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Reaction score
Wow i better tell my dad about this, im worried my dads cc info will be used :frown:

Top Bottom