What's new

Patched [PS4/X1] HOW TO KILL CROTA POST PATCH W/ LAG 1.1.2 - (Updated 4/14/2015)

• Thread starter PhDnMeRKn
  • Start date
  • Views 22,621
Status
Not open for further replies.
PhDnMeRKn

PhDnMeRKn

Under Krafty's Bed
Reaction score
Sin$
THIS METHOD WILL WORK ON ALL CONSOLES: PS4, PS3, XBOX ONE, and XBOX 360

Before I begin I recommend reading all steps of this if you are:
  • New to computers or not very tech savy
  • Looking for the best possible method to push Crota off into the crevasse
  • Having a hard time using another method
  • Not very good at the game to beat it legitimately
General description of this method:
If you try this method, you will be using an ICS (internet connection sharing) bridge and a firewall in order to "lagswitch" and inevitably push Crota off of the map with in hope of getting rewards and completion of the most difficult raid boss there is thus far.
Requirements:
  1. A laptop or nearby desktop with ZoneAlarm Firewall (<-link there) installed
  2. Ethernet cord and a wireless connection
  3. Warlock Solar grenades OR Titan Pulse grenades with/or Titan Aftermath OR Dragonsbreath so some varying combination of these
  4. Patience and practice

You can use Windows Internet Connection Sharing to share your Internet connection between your computer and your Xbox One/360 or PS3/4 console. If you do this, both the console and the computer can access the Internet at the same time.

To use Windows Internet Connection Sharing, you must have the following:

• A computer that has two network adapters
    Note: Most laptop computers have two network adapters, one for a wired connection and one for a wireless connection.
  • A USB modem that has at least one Ethernet connection
  • Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
    Note The Windows 7 Starter edition does not support this feature.
  • High-speed Internet access
  • A standard Ethernet cable
Set up Windows Internet Connection Sharing

Note The following steps show Windows 7 and Windows 8 screen images. However, the steps are the same for earlier versions of Windows unless otherwise indicated.

1. Click the Start button.
  2. In the Search programs and files box, type ncpa.cpl, and then press Enter.
    For Windows XP: Click the Start button, click Run, type ncpa.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
    1ed65338-7100-47a5-910f-ab459bc97fa0.png
    cb51cddc-4560-4db1-9d1c-1424eac0b8ba.png
  3. Right-click the network connection that you want to share, and then click Properties. The appropriate network connection to share is the one between your computer and your modem, not the one between your computer and your Xbox One console.
    2642da1c-982a-47a8-98da-857205d7a6d9.png
  4. Click the Sharing tab. If you are using Windows XP, select the Advanced tab.
    3f07511e-f3c2-48bb-a982-4dd20ffcceaf.png
  5. Select Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection, and then click OK. Wait for the network connection status to change to Shared.
    a0c8fa9b-9974-455d-aa8f-6f8e7ab7cf62.png
  6. Start your web browser and try to connect to the Internet. If you can’t connect, make sure that you’re sharing the primary Internet connection in step 3.
  7. Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the network port on your computer. Plug the other end into the back of your console.

Now once you have the previous step setup you're one step closer to getting your loot/completion.
  1. Open ZoneAlarm Firewall
  2. In the middle box of the program it will say "Firewall". Within the that middle box you want to click "View Details".
  3. There underneath the middle tab (Firewall tab) it says "Basic Firewall" once there you click "Settings"
  4. Where it says "Your Trusted Zone security is ________" directly to the left of that is the toggle you will be using**IMPORTANT**

Are you still with me? I know this is a long overdrawn tutorial but this is for novice users. If you're more advanced I would have assumed you'd have skipped to the end by now...

FROM HERE ON OUT YOU NEED HOST, START A GAME ON CROTA WITH THE HARD MODE CHECKPOINT BY YOURSELF THEN INVITE PEOPLE TO YOUR GAME.​

1. Take two steps onto the plate and switch your Firewall Trusted Zone security from MEDIUM to HIGH (using the right arrow key on your keyboard)
  2. RUN LIKE HELL OUTSIDE and then the VERY moment you're outside the glass barrier switch your Firewall Trusted Zone security from HIGH to MEDIUM (left arrow key)
  3. Viola, if done correctly you will be outside

Now on to bigger, badder things...

1. Once outside the glass barrier everything is about timing and thus you need patience: go jump and stand on the left pillar in front of the arcing bridge/platform where Crota Spawns
  2. Wait for the hiss before the explosion before Crota spawns (hiss takes place 2-3 seconds before explosion) BE READY
  3. The moment the explosion happens and you see the double horned barrier behind Crota glow GREEN switch the Firewall Trusted Zone security from MEDIUM to HIGH (right arrow key)
    NOTE: You will know if you've gotten it IF the barrier behind Crota permanently stays green AND EITHER Crota begins to shoot at you (this is the guaranteed method) OR Crota does the sword animation/ritual
  4. Leave your Firewall Trusted Zone security on HIGH you as host now only have about 7-10 seconds to push Crota into the crevasse where the barrier is with the desired weapons/grenades/abilities before you lag out.
  5. The VERY MOMENT Crota is dead turn your Firewall Trusted Zone security from HIGH to MEDIUM otherwise you WILL NOT get rewards/lag out
  6. Congratulations you should have now successfully completed the purpose of this tutorial.

NEW METHOD POST-PATCH 1.1.2 - 4/15/2015

Pre-Patch 1.1.2*:​

IF CROTA BEGINS SHOOTING AT YOU IMMEDIATELY YOU HAVE DONE IT CORRECTLY.

When you have done it incorrectly:

IF CROTA DOES ANY OF THIS THINGS SEEN IN THIS VIDEO YOU HAVE DONE IT INCORRECTLY

*NOTE: I say lagswitch and by that I mean ZoneAlarm. It's the same thing to me.

Q: Whenever I throw a solar grenade, it doesn't even phase Crota. What do I do?
A: Go to Orbit and relaunch the checkpoint by yourself to ensure you're host, then invite your friends. This is similar to Minotaurs on Venus regenerating health in the Vault of Glass. If the problem persists then hard reset your console.

Q: I've noticed I can still hear my friends when in game chat while the firewall is on high OR I'm not making it out of the barrier even though my firewall is on high AND I know I'm host. What's going on?
A: Hard reset your console, start a new game and load the checkpoint by yourself. I've had this happen to me a few times as well.
(NOTE: This is not always necessary as I have beat Crota while being able to hear my friends but more cases than not I've not beaten him when this occured so I strongly recommend this step.)

Q: I can't seem to get Crota to fall off the map when the back wall despawns, any suggestions?
A: Practice your grenade tosses and try to get him to where I had him in my video. That's an instant death spot.

Q: I keep lagging out after I kill Crota and I'm not getting rewards, why is this?
A: You're leaving your firewall on high for too long causing you to lag out. You only have about 7-10 seconds to push Crota off.

Q: My friends get their rewards but it's not in their inventory, why is this?
A: They just need to sign out and sign back into the same character they were just using and it should be there or the Postmaster.

Q: When I leave my Public Zone Secuity on HIGH I lag out even before I can change my Trusted Zone Security on HIGH, what up with this?
A: It's because of the way your MHG (Microsoft Home Group) is configured but it's okay! You can use the lagswitch all the same with Public Zone Security. Use that the same as you would with the above method with the Trusted Zone Security.

Q: Will you help me figure out how to do this?
A: Only if you're on Xbox One.

THE END
P.S.I'm sorry for the long tutorial but it is what it is, now @#$% off.

Last edited:
Lip Wonder

Lip Wonder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So are you getting it more consistently now with more people? or is this still the same processes you were talking about last night?

MoMo

MoMo

"Swift"
Reporter Frame In Gold Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
I just want to point out that I was with ZaM last night. We were getting it every other run and only the first time did he get disconnected. He really knows his stuff now and I hope you guys can use this tutorial to your advantage.

Lip Wonder

Lip Wonder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just want to point out that I was with ZaM last night. We were getting it every other run and only the first time did he get disconnected. He really knows his stuff now and I hope you guys can use this tutorial to your advantage.

were you guys still running small groups? like 2-3 people, I did notice when I have more people and use the same timing as I would with 2-3 people(as far as getting out of the glass) everything goes well and everyone will get out, until its time to push Crota either doesnt spawn or the rocks will glitch back into place. With 4+ people I have to start the lag at 2(of the count down) instead of after I say 2 then all is well.

MoMo

MoMo

"Swift"
Reporter Frame In Gold Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
were you guys still running small groups? like 2-3 people, I did notice when I have more people and use the same timing as I would with 2-3 people(as far as getting out of the glass) everything goes well and everyone will get out, until its time to push Crota either doesnt spawn or the rocks will glitch back into place. With 4+ people I have to start the lag at 2(of the count down) instead of after I say 2 then all is well.

The first time there were 5. Then we did 4 a couple times and then 5 again. Worked quite frequently. When we had 6 we got close, and then when a person became impatient and left, we got it.

T

Twiztidx420x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's because you need everyone's ip in the party and put them all in the trusted zone.
To make sure it's going to work with others, standby and if they can see you moving around then it will work. If they can't, you need to get their ip using zone alarm or just ask them to go ipchicken.

Hopefully your tutorial for zone alarm doesn't get deleted like mine did.

Lip Wonder

Lip Wonder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's because you need everyone's ip in the party and put them all in the trusted zone.
To make sure it's going to work with others, standby and if they can see you moving around then it will work. If they can't, you need to get their ip using zone alarm or just ask them to go ipchicken.

I can get it just fine without zonealarm, just changed my timing on the switch

PhDnMeRKn

PhDnMeRKn

Under Krafty's Bed
Reaction score
Sin$
So are you getting it more consistently now with more people? or is this still the same processes you were talking about last night?
^ What he said v

The magic number for me is 3+ people including myself or just soloing it. But timing is the same and should always be the same regardless of the amount of people. 

I was going to incorporate an add IP address of your friends but having people cooperate with that can be rather difficult in my attempts, and I didn't want to add to the guide how to use Cain & Abel knowing that it's outdated.

Shizzlefizzle

Shizzlefizzle

✦Sinner✦
Reaction score
Sin$
My Ethernet cable from my laptop only connects to my router, not modem, can this still work? 
If anyone is on 360 I'd love to talk to them
Later on and have them walk me through doing this.

stringking

stringking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My Ethernet cable from my laptop only connects to my router, not modem, can this still work? 
It will still work just fine

PhDnMeRKn

PhDnMeRKn

Under Krafty's Bed
Reaction score
Sin$

It will still work just fine

This method requires your laptop to be connected to the router wirelessly and have your console connected through to your laptop via an Ethernet cord.

stringking

stringking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This method requires your laptop to be connected to the router wirelessly and have your console connected through to your laptop via an Ethernet cord.
True true. You can do the inverse as well though. Connect to your modem/router via Ethernet and share your wifi adapter instead. Essentially turning your PC into a hotspot. In fact it may work better seeing as in Ethernet>wifi

Shizzlefizzle

Shizzlefizzle

✦Sinner✦
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you guys on X360?

PhDnMeRKn

PhDnMeRKn

Under Krafty's Bed
Reaction score
Sin$
True true. You can do the inverse as well though. Connect to your modem/router via Ethernet and share your wifi adapter instead. Essentially turning your PC into a hotspot. In fact it may work better seeing as in Ethernet>wifi

That would only work if your modem had a built in wireless router and you had a separate router to spare or a laptop that has a 4G LTE modem installed. Again my original method is still easiest. 
Are you guys on X360?

No Xbox One but I've had friends who can do it on multiple consoles who've done this method and it works fine. Only difference is timing in some instances but that varles due to screen lag. I know T Twiztidx420x does it on Xbox 360.

Last edited:
Shizzlefizzle

Shizzlefizzle

✦Sinner✦
Reaction score
Sin$
That would only work if your modem had a built in wireless router and you had a separate router to spare or a laptop that has a 4G LTE modem installed. Again my original method is still easiest. 

No Xbox One but I've had friends who can do it on multiple consoles who've done this method and it works fine. Only difference is timing in some instances but that varles due to screen lag. I know T Twiztidx420x does it on Xbox 360.
I have a question
I have a router that is separate from my modem
I have an Ethernet cable from my laptop to router
Can I still push Crota off the original way or edit my setup to push him off this way or am I just unlucky :frown:?

PhDnMeRKn

PhDnMeRKn

Under Krafty's Bed
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a question
I have a router that is separate from my modem
I have an Ethernet cable from my laptop to router
Can I still push Crota off the original way or edit my setup to push him off this way or am I just unlucky :frown:?
If your laptop is connected through the WiFi and you plug in your console into the laptop via ethernet cable you will be able to do this method, just follow the instructions.

Rav3r

Rav3r

Getting There
10th Anniversary Donator Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried this method and can't get it to work, The game doesn't lag at all when i switch from medium to high on ZoneAlarm. How do i fix this?

PhDnMeRKn

PhDnMeRKn

Under Krafty's Bed
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried this method and can't get it to work, The game doesn't lag at all when i switch from medium to high on ZoneAlarm. How do i fix this?

You need to be host which means you start a game on CE and have CP. Then you can invite your friends. Also make sure you have the same exact setup as listed in the tutorial.

stringking

stringking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That would only work if your modem had a built in wireless router and you had a separate router to spare or a laptop that has a 4G LTE modem installed. Again my original method is still ..

Almost every wireless network card can turn into a "router" or hotspot. Very easy to do in win7 and 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register