What's new

Solved PS4 pro Firmware upgrade problems

______

______

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey all latel been haing problems updating my ps4 pro to firmware 5.03

The ps4 always boots into safe mode, I have tried to foĺlow directions on sonys website by downloading latest PSN pup file, and placing it onto a formatted USB with files PS4>UPDATE>PS4UPDATE.PUP all in capital letters.

I have tried two USB drives both of which read on my laptop fine, I'm considering taking it down to my local game shop for a repair though I would rather not.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The most likely definite fix I can think of is to back up games and saves to the cloud and a portable hard drive and initialize the PS4.

In the initialisation settings, you can factory reset the system and once you've done that, install the updates onto a clean system.

Apart from doing that, I don't really know of a fix if you have tried both downloading direct and a USB install.

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey all latel been haing problems updating my ps4 pro to firmware 5.03

The ps4 always boots into safe mode, I have tried to foĺlow directions on sonys website by downloading latest PSN pup file, and placing it onto a formatted USB with files PS4>UPDATE>PS4UPDATE.PUP all in capital letters.

I have tried two USB drives both of which read on my laptop fine, I'm considering taking it down to my local game shop for a repair though I would rather not.
So you’re having problems installing the latest update or is your console booting into safe mode every time you turn it on and it’s making you install the latest update ?

Make sure the USB is formatted as FAT32

Your folders are correct so no need to fix that.

Make sure you’re downloading the recovery update file and not the normal update file, here is the recovery one.
http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation...b606df17c7386de4505fef433c1ec35/PS4UPDATE.PUP

______

______

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You guys are more helpful than playstation support TY very much

So you’re having problems installing the latest update or is your console booting into safe mode every time you turn it on and it’s making you install the latest update ?

Make sure you’re downloading the recovery update file and not the normal update file, here is the recovery one.
http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation...b606df17c7386de4505fef433c1ec35/PS4UPDATE.PUP
I've been having trouble installing the latest update in safe mode, console also always boots into safe mode.

Now I'm not sure whether I may need the recovery file but its asking me for update firmware past 5.0

Ok some things to try:
-ensure I format usb as a fat32 
The most likely definite fix I can think of is to back up games and saves to the cloud and a portable hard drive and initialize the PS4.

In the initialisation settings, you can factory reset the system and once you've done that, install the updates onto a clean system.

Apart from doing that, I don't really know of a fix if you have tried both downloading direct and a USB install.
It constantly boots into safe mode, I have tried initializing ps4 and updating/ It also read the usb file at the time although I think the problem could be what i stated above.

Overall I wish it wasn't doing this and would auto update like my ps4 slim has no problem doing!

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You guys are more helpful than playstation support TY very much

I've been having trouble installing the latest update in safe mode, console also always boots into safe mode.

Now I'm not sure whether I may need the recovery file but its asking me for update firmware past 5.0

Ok some things to try:
-ensure I format usb as a fat32 

It constantly boots into safe mode, I have tried initializing ps4 and updating/ It also read the usb file at the time although I think the problem could be what i stated above.

Overall I wish it wasn't doing this and would auto update like my ps4 slim has no problem doing!

Go ahead and download the file I linked above, it’s the recovery version for firmware 5.03. If that doesn’t work please let me know.

Also, to check if your USB is FAT32, right click it and hit properties (Windows)

For Mac, right click your USB and click Get info.

______

______

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

I downloaded that recovery file
Formatted usb to fat 32, placed in folder PS4>UPDATE>
Getting message cannot find update folder

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I downloaded that recovery file
Formatted usb to fat 32, placed in folder PS4>UPDATE>
Getting message cannot find update folder
The folders are set up as followed correct ?
systemupdates-ps4_pc_update_clip_diagram_us-us-02sept14.gif

Also, the update file is named PS4UPDATE.PUP correct ?

Check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters ( one by one, don’t copy and paste ) using uppercase letters.

If it still doesn’t recognize the update file, the only other thing I could recommend is rebuilding the database ( option five in the safe mode menu ) or simply initializing your console.

______

______

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters ( one by one, don’t copy and paste ) using uppercase letters.

If it still doesn’t recognize the update file, the only other thing I could recommend is rebuilding the database ( option five in the safe mode menu ) or simply initializing your console.
Yes folders were set up correctly
Ok I'll give all that a crack I'll let you know how I go with it

______

______

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Finally got it working with initializing console. Option 6 I believe (I swear I tried but i decided to retry before posting!)
I couldn't get that update to work at all
Garbage machine
Well That sucks all my users got wiped but I'm glad to be off the safe mode screen of death!

This thread was also supposed to be update problem not upgrade problem.

This thread can now be closed :smile: THX for the help everyone and seasons greetings

Top Bottom
Login
Register