• Views 2,524
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cabooseismyhero

Cabooseismyhero

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do we know if game saves are interchangeable between consoles as well as different accounts? I assume they're not, but I recently had the infinite-reboot-into-safe-mode-glitch and had to reinitialize my PS4 causing me to lose all of my save files, and I'm kinda butt hurt over losing my saves of FarCry, Assassin's Creed: Unity, and GTA.

Tom Joad

Tom Joad

White Whale, Holy Grail
Grammar Nazi Experienced Veteran Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure about switching between different accounts. However, there is an option to back up your saves to a USB drive or to the cloud (PS Plus feaature).

With that said, it would seem plausible that saves could be used across consoles if on the same account. As for trying a save from another account, I have no clue.

Cabooseismyhero

Cabooseismyhero

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure about switching between different accounts. However, there is an option to back up your saves to a USB drive or to the cloud (PS Plus feaature).

With that said, it would seem plausible that saves could be used across consoles if on the same account. As for trying a save from another account, I have no clue.

Right, I was just naive and thought that I would never have to back up my files. I assume it's not like the PS3 where you could use other people's game saves without Bruteforce (on certain games), but a part of me hopes it is.

I just hope that if it isn't, which it probably isn't, that the internet community comes up with the encryption keys for the PS4 shortly, so we have some headway that would lead to a game save editor/rehash/re-signer. Kinda miss those days on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register