What's new

Question PS4 controller won't charge

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Controller works with USB cable, but won't charge or gets recognized by PS4, when you do first time connection and PS4 requires to use USB to pair controller to console.

It gets power, but for some reason it doesn't charge and get recognized with USB. Even connecting to PC.

TheBoss2321

TheBoss2321

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Controller works with USB cable, but won't charge or gets recognized by PS4, when you do first time connection and PS4 requires to use USB to pair controller to console.

It gets power, but for some reason it doesn't charge and get recognized with USB. Even connecting to PC.
sounds like the charge port has been disconnected i'd open the controller up and you should see the charge cable.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
sounds like the charge port has been disconnected i'd open the controller up and you should see the charge cable.

i bought it defective. It works now, for some reason unknown.

I have tried to disconnect controller internal flex cable, no dice, only controller blinks, but no charge or recognition.

Today i tried to fiddle with it. And now it works. Could be badly inserted flex cable, since USB board is OK and ps4 controller gets 5volts and blinks.

And i have no other reasonable cause for this.

I have reinserted flex cable few time with no charging or recognition. And today it works. Strange.

Top Bottom
Login
Register