Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
Qui Gon

Qui Gon

Strongest creature on Earth
Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
There are many videos and rumors about the PS4 catching on fire what would you guys do if your ps4 was to catch flame? Or do you guys think they are fake/real

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
There are many videos and rumors about the PS4 catching on fire what would you guys do if your ps4 was to catch flame? Or do you guys think they are fake/real

I think it's fake . But if the console is hot enough and your room is hot from the heat outside then this could be possible .

Honestly if my PlayStation 4 caught flame I wouldn't know what to do . Pouring a liquid on the console is probably the only way to get the flame out , unless it's small I would honestly try to blow it out :roflmao: I would only pour a liquid on the console if it's up in flames and my house is going to catch on fire :hilarious:

Berry

Berry

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
If it were getting out of hand, I would probably just toss it out my window. I haven't used it in like 3 months anyways. :roflmao:

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I doubt it. The most I've seen or what I'd be worried with is overheating

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The only possible way that would happen is if there was an electrical failure. However with the amount of power going through the playstation it will most likely fry before burning. If anything your cheap extension cord/power bar or even the outlet you use will catch fire before anything

Madman

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it's fake . But if the console is hot enough and your room is hot from the heat outside then this could be possible .

Honestly if my PlayStation 4 caught flame I wouldn't know what to do . Pouring a liquid on the console is probably the only way to get the flame out , unless it's small I would honestly try to blow it out :roflmao: I would only pour a liquid on the console if it's up in flames and my house is going to catch on fire :hilarious:

Pouring water on an electrical fire, may not be the best idea.

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
If this is true then it's a pretty ridiculous. I personally can't believe it until I see a legitimate video. I really do not think PS4 would catch fire. They are built and tested for very long time and unless you did something really messed up or stupid they won't just catch fire.

D

Deleted member 875897

(╯⌐■_■) ╯彡 ┻━┻
Reaction score
Sin$
They probably filled it with petrol before hand lol

Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's bound to be fake, the chance of it happening are slim. It would fry before catching fire, as someone above mentioned :tongue:

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Trifecta Mr. Nice Guy Community Spotlight
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think it will just go in flames like a hoverboard but if this was to happen I'd record it and post it on Instagram and suffer later.

JaytheGod

JaytheGod

Reaction score
Sin$
Its more than likely fake but if my ps4 were to catch a flame, that **** is getting thrown off my two story apartment

R

redsox24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have my setup in the basement and its really cold. Perfect environment for gaming!

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
They don't just randomly catch fire haha. I mean it's possible if you have modified and screwed up the wiring I suppose. I am sure most of those videos are fake though.

RetroGamers17

RetroGamers17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Doubt it, Atleast not stock... But if you dump a can of zippo fluid on it, I cant blame it for catching.

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They should just turn off before reaching a temp hot enough,only way it could catch on fire imo is if the fan is blocked
Or some clown has pissed about with it and modded badly..

E

EmilyThatOneChick

Reaction score
Sin$
This literally JUST happened to me and I cant stop shaking. I turned my PS4 on and turned my back to eat some nuggets. I hear this sound like something is burning. Turn to my PS4 and smoke is puffing out the back. I go to turn it off and it starts entering rest mode. A flame spits out and I unplug it, throw it outside in the snow, run inside, fill a bucket with water, and drench the POS. Note that this is a month old PS4 Slim straight from Best Buy. Dont believe me if you want. I dont care. I didnt think this would possibly happen. Its 65°F in my room and 14°F outside. I play for 5-7 hours a day. I keep it out in the open so heat doesnt generate around it and I even have those stands for the PS4 to keep it up straight. Im going to take it back first thing in the morning. I want my momey back. I dont think I want another house burner! Shame on Sony. Ive been a fan since PS1.

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This literally JUST happened to me and I cant stop shaking. I turned my PS4 on and turned my back to eat some nuggets. I hear this sound like something is burning. Turn to my PS4 and smoke is puffing out the back. I go to turn it off and it starts entering rest mode. A flame spits out and I unplug it, throw it outside in the snow, run inside, fill a bucket with water, and drench the POS. Note that this is a month old PS4 Slim straight from Best Buy. Dont believe me if you want. I dont care. I didnt think this would possibly happen. Its 65°F in my room and 14°F outside. I play for 5-7 hours a day. I keep it out in the open so heat doesnt generate around it and I even have those stands for the PS4 to keep it up straight. Im going to take it back first thing in the morning. I want my momey back. I dont think I want another house burner! Shame on Sony. Ive been a fan since PS1.
pictures?

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This literally JUST happened to me and I cant stop shaking. I turned my PS4 on and turned my back to eat some nuggets. I hear this sound like something is burning. Turn to my PS4 and smoke is puffing out the back. I go to turn it off and it starts entering rest mode. A flame spits out and I unplug it, throw it outside in the snow, run inside, fill a bucket with water, and drench the POS. Note that this is a month old PS4 Slim straight from Best Buy. Dont believe me if you want. I dont care. I didn't think this would possibly happen. Its 65°F in my room and 14°F outside. I play for 5-7 hours a day. I keep it out in the open so heat doesnt generate around it and I even have those stands for the PS4 to keep it up straight. Im going to take it back first thing in the morning. I want my money back. I dont think I want another house burner! Shame on Sony. Ive been a fan since PS1.
Had mine since launch not once has it so much as overheated ,silly putting consoles on there side avoid them so called stands with Any future console,they either result in disk read error or overheating, also never use water on electrical fires, why you felt the need to as it was chucked in snow is anyone's guess .
It is also somewhat daft to assume that every ps4 will "burn down your house" ,iv had a hard disk drive set on fire in my pc before Does that mean every hdd will be faulty?..

Top Bottom
Login
Register