What's new

Solved PS4 account on 3 consoles

D

DEVILBIGBANG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello everyone a few years ago I shared two more friends. I would like to know if the method of using the same account on 3 consoles still works

The method he used was the first console activated as a primary, removed the games and deactivated on the site. The second console is activated as a primary. The third console played on its own account

I thank anyone who can help me

N

Navy Davey

☠️Hallo-Weenie☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
hello everyone a few years ago I shared two more friends. I would like to know if the method of using the same account on 3 consoles still works

The method he used was the first console activated as a primary, removed the games and deactivated on the site. The second console is activated as a primary. The third console played on its own account

I thank anyone who can help me
You need to have the following:
  1. Console One:
    • PlayStation plus subscription.
    • Game you want to play downloaded.
    • Console set as primary console.
  2. Console two and three:
    • Signed into the account that has PlayStation plus subscription.
    • Game you want to play downloaded by the account that has PS plus(main account).
    • All Consoles set as primary console. You can have as many consoles you want set as primary console. This feature exists as parents are the “owners” of the PS plus accounts and it is their method of payment that purchases the subscription and games.
  3. As many Different accounts as you would like on consoles Two and Three.
    • As long as the PS plus account is set as the primary console user most game titles should be available for guest accounts to use.
    • This certainly works for GTA.
  4. You can have the guest account be the account that logs in to the console first by going to login settings.

D

DEVILBIGBANG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, thank you for your availability to help me
I'm sorry but I couldn't understand part of the explanation

I can't figure out how the 3 consoles get as Console set as primary console.

"All Consoles set as primary console. You can have as many consoles you want set as primary console. This feature exists as parents are the “owners” of the PS plus accounts and it is their method of payment that purchases the subscription and games. "

N

Navy Davey

☠️Hallo-Weenie☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
  • I used that as an example because I happen to have three PS4s in my house.
  • I wanted you to know the theory behind why this works.
  • Two for me and one for my kids.
  • I am the “owner” of the PS plus account because my kids don’t have a credit card.
  • I control what they are allowed to play and purchase.
  • Therefore I set all of the PS4s as my primary so that the one PS plus account is controlled by me and me alone.
  • Conversely you can’t be signed into any of the consoles with the same account but a guest account can be.
  • The only stipulation is that the person who owns the PS plus subscription has to be the “Primary” user.
  • I also do the same for the three Xboxes I have in the house as well.
  • If you are sharing games with friends the person who has PS plus has to be set as the primary user and the friends need to have their own accounts.
  • This may not work for all games but it does for many, especially GTA V.

D

DEVILBIGBANG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello.
I already understand the logic
But on ps4 it doesn't let you have 3 consoles at the same time(primary console. ). To activate console number 2 I have to deactivate console number 1. This is missing something in the method you are using, that I don't understand

I'm guessing
You use "Family Management" and from there you can have 3 different consoles as a primary

My only doubt at this point is how to put 2 consoles as primary because the account owner can stay as a secondary. I've researched a lot on google but at the moment only talks about sharing with 2 consoles.

I appreciate the patience you are having so I can understand

Last edited:
Top Bottom