Question PS4 1216A with CE-34224-5 error

• Thread starter antchewy
  • Start date
  • Views 14,254
A

antchewy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys had this machine in for repair. It keeps throwing up the CE-34224-5 error when trying to boot a game from disc.
I have tried replacing the hard drive but did not solve it. The funny thing is though it plays Bluray movies fine and games from the hard drive with no issues.
This is the first 1216A model I have had in. Anybody got any ideas?

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, there are two things you could do to fix this.

Option #1
Go to Settings > Users > Delete User

After the user is deleted, it will bring you back to the screen to log in / create a new user, simply just log back into the account you just deleted and see if your problem is solved. If not, attempt option #2 which should completely solve your problem.

Option #2

Go to Settings > Then scroll to the bottom and click ' Initialization ' then click Initialize PS4 then hit Full.

Please note that this will remove all your data, so it's recommended you back up your files before hand.

A

antchewy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I have tried both of the options now numerous times but still throws up the error.
I am starting to think that there is an issue with the flash possibly corrupted? Or something is faulty with the bluray controller chip?

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That's very odd, how about trying the Initialization from the Safe mode menu, or you could attempt to Rebuild the Database which helped some people. If none of them work, then it could possibly be something wrong with the console.

1. Turn off the power of your PS4 system completely.
  2. If the power indicator is lit up in orange, touch the power button on the PS4™ system for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps a second time).
  3. After your hear the second beep, let go of the power button
  4. Your PS4 should now boot into safe mode

A

antchewy

Reaction score
Sin$
This now gets even odder. After updating the console today to 3.50 firmware (which went with no issues), firmware was installed from safe mode. When I try to play a game disc, the console seems to trip out all power gone, no lights etc. Upon pressing the power button again console boots back up as normal giving a different error code CE-36329-3.
Again Bluray movies and games from hard disc work fine. Going to try to do a full initialisation from safe mode tomorrow.
There has to be a fault with the bluray components on the mobo, think I am going to have to check the voltages across the power supply see if it pumping out 12v to the board first before checking components.
Any suggestions to try?
Will post findings.

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I looked up the error code and a lot of people said that a Full Initialization solved their problem. I don't understand why you keep getting different error codes .

A

antchewy

Reaction score
Sin$
I know everybody says full initialisation solves the problem. The different error codes in concerning but not as concerning as the console turning off the you try to load a game from disc.

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I know everybody says full initialisation solves the problem. The different error codes in concerning but not as concerning as the console turning off the you try to load a game from disc.
Yea, Ill keep looking on google for another fix besides the initialization. Ill be sure to keep you updated.

A

antchewy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys thanks for all the assistance so far. So here is where I am today -

1. Started by doing a full format on the hard drive on my PC
2. Reinstalled firmware 3.50 on the hard rive in PS4
3. Tried playing a Bluray and DVD movie, both play fine
4. Tried to play a game disc and came back with corrupt data
5. So I did a full initialisation and reinstalled the firmware again through safe mode
6. I also changed the bluray laser to a known working one as the corrupt data can be down to a faulty laser
7. Tried to play the game again, shows up as assassins creed while installing, but upon launching I am now getting error
CE-34224-5
8. Have tried a replacement hard drive again with the same result as step 7.

I am becoming more convinced that this is an issue with either the flash, syson, APU or bluray controller chip. Think this is going to end up become a transplant job with the APU, Flash IC, Syscon IC and Bluray controller from a dead doner 1216 board.
Back on the shelf it goes until one comes in.
Unless anyone has another idea?

Elite Repair

Elite Repair

Reaction score
Sin$
I solved mine by replaceing the whole blu ray drive wires and all. maybe the laser was causing a issue but im guessing a wire went bad. very strange but i did fix it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register