What's new

Unsolved PS3 Trouble Installing Firmware after HDD Swap

• Thread starter repritate
  • Start date
  • Views 391
R

repritate

Reaction score
Hello, I was previously running a REBUG CFW, and previously experienced HDD Failure, after installing a new one, im attempting to install a Firmware in the recovery menu. Im getting "No Update file found, or im getting The data is corrupted" not sure if its the firmwares im downloading or something is wrong. If someone could help me thanks! The current message I get is "Please install a version 2.70 or higher"

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Hello, I was previously running a REBUG CFW, and previously experienced HDD Failure, after installing a new one, im attempting to install a Firmware in the recovery menu. Im getting "No Update file found, or im getting The data is corrupted" not sure if its the firmwares im downloading or something is wrong. If someone could help me thanks! The current message I get is "Please install a version 2.70 or higher"
Make sure you’re installing the same CFW that was on the old hard drive. Also, make sure the custom firmware file is named correctly and is in the correct directory on your USB.

The jailbreak file should be named PS3UPDAT.PUP and should be in the following order on your USB.

PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP

On the root of your USB make a folder named PS3 then open the PS3 folder. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE then open the UPDATE folder. Inside the UPDATE folder make sure the jailbreak file is named PS3UPDAT.PUP and then plug the USB into the right side USB USB port and see if it works.

Also, make sure the USB is formatted as FAT32 or else it won’t work.

R

repritate

Reaction score
Make sure you’re installing the same CFW that was on the old hard drive. Also, make sure the custom firmware file is named correctly and is in the correct directory on your USB.

The jailbreak file should be named PS3UPDAT.PUP and should be in the following order on your USB.

PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP

On the root of your USB make a folder named PS3 then open the PS3 folder. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE then open the UPDATE folder. Inside the UPDATE folder make sure the jailbreak file is named PS3UPDAT.PUP and then plug the USB into the right side USB USB port and see if it works.

Also, make sure the USB is formatted as FAT32 or else it won’t work.

I do not remember exact firmware? any other way?

Any Ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom