Solved PS3 'System Storage Cannot Be Accessed'

• Thread starter R3TRIX
  • Start date
  • Views 7,289
R

R3TRIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello There, Firstly My PS3 Does Not Boot To XMB. When I Go To Recovery Mode it says
'PS3 Storage Cannot Be Accessed'

Either Way i was going to replace the hard drive, now i haven't been on my ps3 for months now. And I Dont Know My PS3 CFW.. < Retard Alert

Now if i put in a new hardrive it will ask you to put in a Firmware Over 4.70 what do i do? put another CFW on 4.70?

R

R3TRIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reaper Pianist Prodigy C Cali (Prob, know more on this than I do.)

I would think, the FW would stay.
I Checked on youtube lol i shows when you put a new hard drive you re-format and it will ask put in the version Over x.xx and for me it would say 4.70.. at this point i think you re-install your CFW. The Problem is i dont know mine...

T

Tsubasa

Lurker
Reaction score
I Checked on youtube lol i shows when you put a new hard drive you re-format and it will ask put in the version Over x.xx and for me it would say 4.70.. at this point i think you re-install your CFW. The Problem is i dont know mine...

Just use the latest one.

It'd more & likely be a rebug

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score

I recommend installing Rebug 4.78.2 and if that doesn't work, download the latest CFW which is Rebug 4.80.1 .

Download:
Rebug 4.78.2 REX

Rebug 4.80.1 REX

Rebug 4.80.1 D-REX

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
I've also saw many people post the following and it helped many people, so you could try this if you want. I never tried this myself and I'm honestly not sure what it does but many people who were having this problem said this helped a lot.

Plug it into the pc, then open command prompt.

Type "diskpart"
Type "list disk" - get the disk number for the drive we are cleaning.
Type "select disk 1" - if the disk is not #1, change this accordingly.
Type "clean"
Type "create partition primary"
Type "select partition 1"
Type "active"
Type "assign"
Type "exit"
Type "exit"

R

R3TRIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You Very Much Fixed !

J

Jonathon Ody

Reaction score
I get same issue it happened once on gtav while using James reborns mod loader v37.6 and it was showing signs of corruption I'm too late I think cuz now it's at a part in time where its giving me errors when trying to reupdate restore file system loop and freezing a d system storage cannot be accessed when trying g to rebuild database it doesnt even restore ps3 system it just goes black after I press it and goes to system software cannot be run correctly lol

I feel it's my hard drive I'm just gonna upgrade next week to a solid state drive 500gb storage and 6gb ram

And yes ik it has to be a 2.5 sata lol

Coming to admit this is my second ps3 lol my first harddrive went out with a soft brick and this one corrupted to death

Top Bottom