What's new

Discussion PS3 System Software Update

X

Xtreme17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.
If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.
We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Here is the proof

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Copy and paste from

At least is a reliable source

xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Installing as we speak.

Update 1: It appears that PSN doesn't return with the update.
downsizez.jpg

0514111827a.jpg
Update 2: PSN is back! ^_^

xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Copy and paste from

At least is a reliable source
He gave his source, right now I don't think anyone cares if it is a copy & paste. All I care about is getting back online and this looks like a step in the right direction.

X

Xtreme17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know I copied it. I just put it on her for people to see if they don't want to go to that website. Just tryin to help.

ODonnell

ODonnell

Hold Strong
VIP
Retired
MotM Mr. Nice Guy End of the Year 2013
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats a rip off Psn isn't back up it was only a update :angry:

xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It appears that PSN doesn't return with the update:
We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online.

Update: PSN is back! ^_^

K

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well too bad i sold my PS3 yesterday but will the PSN come back for PSP the same time as PS3?

Riku

Riku

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well too bad i sold my PS3 yesterday but will the PSN come back for PSP the same time as PS3?
people still have a psp.... just kidding I still play my psp(Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep FTW), but they will both probably be up at the same or the psp will come a little behind the ps3

g-ranthill5

g-ranthill5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Mostlikely once the servers are populated you can expect the psn up for psp devices however there hasnt been any sort of update even talked about for the psp yet... im expecting one soon

We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.
If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.
We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Here is the proof

Word to the wise use the Insert Quotation button so ppl dont get all upset on u if u C&P. oh and its nice if you use the link button and name it something, it looks more official.

Heres an example:
Code:
[quote]We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.
[/quote]
Here is the proof 

[url="http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/"]Source[/url]

I used code to show you how the styles work. You are welcome to edit your post & copy and paste my lil fix on ur post if you would like :smile: You seem pretty new, Welcome to Se7ensins sir.

Top Bottom
Login
Register