PS3 Swiss Army Knife AKA Back Up Blu Ray Discs, and other things

Discussion in 'PlayStation 3 Modding & Tutorials' started by gk911turbo, Dec 16, 2008 with 8 replies and 6,452 views.

1. gk911turbo

gk911turbo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Here is some information I found out about a program made for the PS3, called SAK(Swiss Army Knife) while there is not much to do with this program yet there may possible be some GREAT things you can do with this! One possibility people are speculating is that this program could one day help you back up PS3 games to a hard drive and you could play them without the disc! That alone would make this tool useful! Here is the post in its original form with some edits regarding links etc.

[Click here to view the link]

PS3 SAK ( Swiss Army Knife

Originally Posted by Greg

CJPC has released an incredibly useful application for the PS3 using the OtherOS Open Platform concept. PS3 Swiss Army Knife (SAK), appropriately titled, provides a web interface that enables the following:

• Check Blu-Ray Disk size
    • Format internal PS3 HDD
    • Back-up iSO to internal PS3 HDD
    • Back-up iSO to external EXT3 HDD
    • Back-up iSO via wired network, to Windows Network Share
    • Explore HDD (Linux side), and download files to a PC.
    • Explore Blu-Ray Disks, and download files to a PC (with UDF 2.5 Support!)
    • Reboot console
    • Reboot console to PS3 GameOS
    • Poweroff console
    Note: With SAK v1.00 you can now dump your PS3/Blu-Ray disc images without installing PS3 Linux, however, you must still format the PS3 HDD prior (as if you were going to install PS3 Linux) in order to install/use the OtherOS– this is a $ony requirement unfortunately.
    How to install: using a memory or USB stick, or CD-R, etc… Copy “otheros.bld” (included in the RAR archive) & “otheros.self” (see below) to “/PS3/OTHEROS/”. Insert your removable media and from the XMB (Settings -> System Settings) run “Install Other OS.” Set the default boot to OtherOS, reboot, and you should be good to go.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS IFORMATION IN ANY WAY AND I AM MERELY A MESSANGER SHARING THIS INFORMATION!

FOUND AT
    Code:
    WWW.PS3-HACKS.COM

2. Prototype360

Prototype360 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  3. cali soulja

cali soulja Enthusiast

Ratings:
    is this real can some 1 please confirm it

4. OP
    gk911turbo

gk911turbo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if you would read my post it has the website where I got the info from, Yes it IS real, but there really isn't much you can do with it at the moment

5. ShadowxDynasty

ShadowxDynasty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So it is confirmed but it just won't play. k

6. scorpion

scorpion Newbie

Ratings:
    if it can copy the exact game file then i can put it on to a blue-ray disc.

and i tried it and wasnt able to copy any game, if you did it and it worked plz tell me how

7. OP
    gk911turbo

gk911turbo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    as far as I can tell that is not possible at this time, if it was it would probably require a mod chip or something. I am just trying to build up the PS3 part on here since I have an xbox1 and PS3

8. SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR Retired Retired

Ratings:
    its legit, basically once u can copy ps3 games this is how u do it, now to break the security. aka this is useless.

9. x23DDk

x23DDk Contributor

Ratings:
    Well, were half way there.