Dismiss Notice

Guest,
We are celebrating 14 years since the inception of Se7enSins! Join us in our celebrations!

Unsolved PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.83

Discussion in 'Playstation 3 Support' started by RisingSundays, Jan 12, 2019 with 2 replies and 2,450 views.

1. RisingSundays

RisingSundays Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey guys I recently got my hands on a PS3 Super Slim. It has been out of commission for a long time so in my maintenance I updated the firmware to 4.83. I’ve been doing a lot of reading and research and so far everything I have come across says that I need to be on 4.82 if I want to jailbreak my system. It seems that I am not able to jailbreak my system until they make a CFW for 4.83. Is that correct by everyone else’s understanding as well? Or has there been a work around that I have not heard about? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

2. Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy Never Give Up On Your Goals! Retired

Ratings:
    That's correct you can't Jailbreak a super slim ps3. You better off going to Ebay looking for CECH 2001A or 2001B. Even the CECH 2101A or B can be jailbreak too. Then you can send the console to me I can Jailbreak it for you or you can look for PS3 3.55 OFW then install newest Jailbreak on there such as Rebug.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    RisingSundays

RisingSundays Newbie

Ratings:
    Ugh yeah that is what I figured... I will need to do some searching around before committing to this. Thanks for the info though it’s greatly appreciated.