Unsolved PS3 Slim Not Accepting Games..... Advice Please

• Thread starter EliteHaxor45
  • Start date
  • Views 307
EliteHaxor45

EliteHaxor45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys whats going on. I got a PS3 from my brother. It Wasnt reading games when I turned it on and all. It accepted discs fine and would take them in and eject with no issue.... So I watched Video on how to replace the Laser Deck and all. Went and bought a new Laser deck, installed it. Went to test the New Deck and Now the Drive is not accepting any games. Watched a few videos on how to fix and it did not work.

I see the Blue LED from the laser turn on, But the drive Does Not spin. It Did once, But after reseating Ribbon Cables It has not done it since.

Is there a sensor or something? Could something have blown?

While trying to repair the Old Laser deck the Ribbon cable from the laser to the Pcb split in half. Not sure how or why, but I noticed after I turned on PS3 and was testing if I had cleaned the laser enough for it to work. Would that cause an issue? Or have fryed something?

Well if there are any pics you guys could post or any links for me to fix this error it would be great thanks guys.

Edit: It is a slim cech-2001A KEM-450 AAA Laser deck

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
If the ribbon is broken it would cause the whole thing not to work. I would just swap that out for a clean one, or you may have to replace the whole drive.

EliteHaxor45

EliteHaxor45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the ribbon is broken it would cause the whole thing not to work. I would just swap that out for a clean one, or you may have to replace the whole drive.

Ribbon was replaced with brand new one. I took off top half of drive that has the retracting arms. Moved laser motor to top position and put disc on. Turned system on and it read the game n spun it fine. But still when I hit eject it does nothing. Just stops spinning and that's all.

Too me it seems like the sensor board isn't getting power? Idk what else to think as I'm fairly new with ps3.

Wolf

Wolf

Retired
Reaction score
Ribbon was replaced with brand new one. I took off top half of drive that has the retracting arms. Moved laser motor to top position and put disc on. Turned system on and it read the game n spun it fine. But still when I hit eject it does nothing. Just stops spinning and that's all.

Too me it seems like the sensor board isn't getting power? Idk what else to think as I'm fairly new with ps3.
Either that or one of your ribbons or cables to the power supply aren't sending enough power to the board.

EliteHaxor45

EliteHaxor45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either that or one of your ribbons or cables to the power supply aren't sending enough b
power to the board.

How can I test them? And wouldn't the drive not work if the ribbon cable was bad? There is 1 cable going from logic board to the sensor board.

Wolf

Wolf

Retired
Reaction score
How can I test them? And wouldn't the drive not work if the ribbon cable was bad? There is 1 cable going from logic board to the sensor board.
Depending on which one it is the whole thing wouldn't work. Like the one at the bottom still lets it boot and everything, just no disk shows. And the only way to test that I can think of is getting a new power supply.

EliteHaxor45

EliteHaxor45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wolf said:
Depending on which one it is the whole thing wouldn't work. Like the one at the bottom still lets it boot and everything, just no disk shows. And the only way to test that I can think of is getting a new power supply.

Well the drive reads games. N spins and plays games. Just no eject or takes in the game. I was thinking of replacing the sensor board.

When u say get a new psu. But why? Csnt I take a multi meter to the board?

Top Bottom