What's new

Unsolved Ps3 Modding questions

Should I get a DEX or CEX jailbroken ps3. And comment know plus and negs.

• Total voters
R

R1brandon

Reaction score
So I'm looking to get into modding on ps3 Picking up a jailbroken ps3 here within the next week. I'm just looking to see some answers I have to a few questions.

1- Can you only mod on games you have downloaded or can you use the disk?

2- When updates come and I have to update where's a good place to get the update download link?

3- For specifically the COD series games where can I get the hacking tools for online gaming?

That's all I can think of for now but if I have more I'll add them to the list.

T

Telnet

Comcast Employee
Reaction score
1. You have to copy the games to the HDD.
2. Usually P Pianist Prodigy Covers updates well here.
3.Check their respective forums here on Se7ensins.

Also i suggest getting CEX as DEX is only if you'll be developing games. But even though developing games is not the only thing it's for.

Last edited:
P

Pianist Prodigy

Keep living!
Retired
Reaction score
So I'm looking to get into modding on ps3 Picking up a jailbroken ps3 here within the next week. I'm just looking to see some answers I have to a few questions.

2- When updates come and I have to update where's a good place to get the update download link?

3- For specifically the COD series games where can I get the hacking tools for online gaming?

1. You have to backup the game on Multiman than you can choose to play it disc-less or with the disc.
2. When their is updates from Sony, then you just wait until I or someone else post a spoofer, that is use to gain access online on PSN. You do not update to Sony newest firmware otherwise your jailbreak will be gone. Then you have to use E3 Flasher to downgrade it back to 3.55 OFW to jailbreak it again. But if their is update for a game for example GTA 5 you can boot the game from Multiman and load it up let it update offline, well that's what I do.

3. Just look around the site for RTM tools you looking for a specific game like Call Of Duty Black Ops 2, then go to Modding section then you find some tools for that game.

Last edited:
T

Telnet

Comcast Employee
Reaction score
1. You can mod on disc but you can also backup the game on Multiman play it disc-less.
2. When their is updates from Sony, then you just wait until I or someone else post a spoofer, that is use to gain access online on PSN. You do not update to Sony newest firmware otherwise your jailbreak will be gone. Then you have to use E3 Flasher to downgrade it back to 3.55 OFW to jailbreak it again. But if their is update for a game for example GTA 5 you can boot the game from Multiman and load it up let it update offline, well that's what I do.

3. Just look around the site for RTM tools you looking for a specific game like Call Of Duty Black Ops 2, then go to Modding section then you find some tools for that game.
I never knew you could mod on a disc? I thought you had to have the ripped files on a HDD. Guess you learn something new everyday.

P

Pianist Prodigy

Keep living!
Retired
Reaction score
I never knew you could mod on a disc? I thought you had to have the ripped files on a HDD. Guess you learn something new everyday.
Had to edit my post lol, I meant like you can play the game from the cd even if it's backup on Multiman.

R

R1brandon

Reaction score
So just by having the disk I can copy it to my hd? What about playstation store bought games. Are they able to be done that way or would I have to have it downloaded from disk? Also your able to mod from the disk or only from hdd downloaded games that are uploaded to multiman?

Last edited:
E

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score

Even though I'm an Xbox modder, since you're into modding CoD, (I'll bet BO2 will be a main game aswell), I'll give you some info.

For Black Ops 2 you don't have to rip the disc. All BO2 modding can be done with a PC using GSC Studio and GSC files.
You will have to connect GSC Studio via CCAPI or TMAPI (i think, don't quote me on this) but from there you can inject GSC files aka mod menus. Then you just force host and go wreck some scrubs in pubs. Ayy.

P

Pianist Prodigy

Keep living!
Retired
Reaction score
So just by having the disk I can copy it to my hd? What about playstation store bought games. Are they able to be done that way or would I have to have it downloaded from disk? Also your able to mod from the disk or only from hdd downloaded games that are uploaded to multiman?
Only cd and torrent games can be on Multiman. You can't do it with playstation games. You have to backup the game on Multiman in order to mod the game.

Top Bottom