What's new

Question PS3 Lines Appearing

A

Aergelo

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys so my jb ps3 is running into some problems. After I had jailbroken it, weird white flashing lines started to appear. I looked it up and researched it to find out that it most likely had to deal with the rsx chips. So basically i put new thermal paste on it twice. That didn't help. I tried to different methods for putting on the thermal paste. I did the card one and then i just tried gooping it. I then thought it was the hard drive. I replaced that. Still same issue. What is going on here? Can anyone help?

yaSebastian

yaSebastian

#TooSweet
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys so my jb ps3 is running into some problems. After I had jailbroken it, weird white flashing lines started to appear. I looked it up and researched it to find out that it most likely had to deal with the rsx chips. So basically i put new thermal paste on it twice. That didn't help. I tried to different methods for putting on the thermal paste. I did the card one and then i just tried gooping it. I then thought it was the hard drive. I replaced that. Still same issue. What is going on here? Can anyone help?

It truly sounds as if the GPU ram has had its day...there is one hope left for you though and that is to actually remove the heat-spreader from the GPU itself and reapply thermal adhesive on the 4 corner ram chips and thermal compound on the GPU die(center)..

you have to be careful removing the heatspreader but a razor blade works well sliding it under the 4 corners and apply some heat with a hairdryer will help loosen up the center adhesive on the chip..theres also videos on youtube showing how to do it as well..

also remember to apply the thermal paste with a pea drop size as some videos show them spreading it and this is NOT the correct way to do it and will introduce air pockets and cause more issues than you had to start with..good luck and hope it works out..

yaSebastian

yaSebastian

#TooSweet
Reaction score
Sin$
Most likely the rsx but it could be the hdmi cable. I forever be breaking them

It truly sounds as if the GPU ram has had its day...there is one hope left for you though and that is to actually remove the heat-spreader from the GPU itself and reapply thermal adhesive on the 4 corner ram chips and thermal compound on the GPU die(center)..

you have to be careful removing the heatspreader but a razor blade works well sliding it under the 4 corners and apply some heat with a hairdryer will help loosen up the center adhesive on the chip..theres also videos on youtube showing how to do it as well..

also remember to apply the thermal paste with a pea drop size as some videos show them spreading it and this is NOT the correct way to do it and will introduce air pockets and cause more issues than you had to start with..good luck and hope it works out..

^

Top Bottom
Login
Register