Discussion PS3 Jailbreak shames xbox ?

• Thread starter ClarkeOne
  • Start date
  • Views 550
C

ClarkeOne

Getting There
Reaction score
So i recently found out they have finally been able to hack the un-hackable PS3 with this jailbreak, but what really bugs me is how simplistic it seems to be.

All you do is purchase the USB jailbreak, plug it in and you can get homebrew (assuming any has been made for it) and back up there games to HDD internal and external. And when you remove the device it returns the console back to normal without any worries of bricking.

It just seems weird to me that people more than likely busted there *** off to discover the Jtag hack, and some sony fans have a plug and play frickin USB. Whats going on here ?

Some source

pre-order the thing

Some more stuff

A

Adv

GTA Guru
Premium
Reaction score
Failure to understand how the jtag hack was done causes this type of post ^.

C

ClarkeOne

Getting There
Reaction score
Failure to understand how the jtag hack was done causes this type of post ^.
I don't need to understand how the Jtag hack was done smartass, I just find it ironic that they have a simple plug and play USB. Nothing helpful to post ? Don't post.

A

Adv

GTA Guru
Premium
Reaction score
I don't need to understand how the Jtag hack was done smartass, I just find it ironic that they have a simple plug and play USB. Nothing helpful to post ? Don't post.
Nothing helpful on something you want others opinions on, lol? You call out the jtag hack by comparing it to how simple the PS3 jailbreak is without any knowledge of how ... I'm going to say either works. Makes no sense at all. There is no irony in this at all.

N

nickcas

Getting There
Reaction score

lol... go read about what the "plug and play USB" actually is. Just because people decided to make a profit off of the PS3 scene doesn't make the PS3 "jailbreak" any easier than the Xbox. And maybe the installation is easier, but the JTAG hack is far superior. The JTAG hack gives us full control over the console, and all the USB hack does is exploit the PS3 to play games/run homebrew from the hdd.

Although that is all 90% percent of the sceners now-a-days want, in terms of an actual hack the JTAG hack is better.

C

ClarkeOne

Getting There
Reaction score
lol... go read about what the "plug and play USB" actually is. Just because people decided to make a profit off of the PS3 scene doesn't make the PS3 "jailbreak" any easier than the Xbox. And maybe the installation is easier, but the JTAG hack is far superior. The JTAG hack gives us full control over the console, and all the USB hack does is exploit the PS3 to play games/run homebrew from the hdd.

Although that is all 90% percent of the sceners now-a-days want, in terms of an actual hack the JTAG hack is better.
Thats basically all I wanted to know, thank you.

Top Bottom