What's new

Question PS3 freezing when starting a game

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just purchased a prejailbroken PS3 on eBay. It came with BO1 and 2 already downloaded on it (no disk). When I try to load it after launching mm, I’ll setup the PSNstealth thing then use the other program that you just press “X” after it loads but when I try to open the game, my consol freezes at a black screen. Any advice?

Update: I’ve changed nothing, but now when I launch from MM, the game seems to crash and brings me to the home screen and gives me an error saying “Game Quit: no request event”. Still no idea what’s wrong here. I’m connected to WiFi and not signed in to PSN.

Update2: just restarted my ps3 again, now there is a second copy of the bo2 game. Tried running both games, one brought me back to the home screen with the error message, the other just froze the consol at a black screen.

Last edited:
Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I just purchased a prejailbroken PS3 on eBay. It came with BO1 and 2 already downloaded on it (no disk). When I try to load it after launching mm, I’ll setup the PSNstealth thing then use the other program that you just press “X” after it loads but when I try to open the game, my consol freezes at a black screen. Any advice?

Update: I’ve changed nothing, but now when I launch from MM, the game seems to crash and brings me to the home screen and gives me an error saying “Game Quit: no request event”. Still no idea what’s wrong here. I’m connected to WiFi and not signed in to PSN.

Update2: just restarted my ps3 again, now there is a second copy of the bo2 game. Tried running both games, one brought me back to the home screen with the error message, the other just froze the consol at a black screen.

Are you using PSN Patch before launching the game ? If so, don’t use PSN Patch.

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you using PSN Patch before launching the game ? If so, don’t use PSN Patch.
My process:
1: load game from either multi man (mmCM by default. I have to switch to MultiMan within the mmCM app).
2: launch PSNinja_V4
3: Select the first three options: “Whipe History, Replace History, Make History Read Only”. (I don’t fully understand what this this does but I’ve been told to do it as it helps with the stealth aspect.
4: launch PSN Patch 2017.02B, then press “X” once in the app.
5: launch the game from the XMB.

I’ve tried so many things ranging from replacing the EBOOTs for it, to replacing the entire game itself. I just recently tried Pirate Bay. I transferred the game from my usb to the “GAMEZ” folder but now nothing is recognized except an ISO i accidentally made of the game earlier. The game does not show up in MultiMan, webMAN Games, nor IRISMAN v4.82. I don’t really know what to do anymore. I contacted the seller on eBay asking about the problem and this is what he said “Black Ops one works just fine but in the description of the listing as a Black Ops II had errors so you could download Black Ops 2 01717 and then put a multiplayer eboot on with a sprx .for Black Ops 1 you need to change the eboot and add any mod you want .for Black Ops 2 you need to change the region code eboot and mod menu”. He states that BO1 works just fine but I was having the same original problem with that game too. I’ve since then deleted all games installed on the PS, trying everything I can to fix this issue but no success. I now have a BO2 game on my “GAMEZ” file located in my “dev_hdd0”. There is also a file called “GAMES” in the dev_hdd0 but has nothing in it. Both files have the ninja styled icon before them.

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My process:
1: load game from either multi man (mmCM by default. I have to switch to MultiMan within the mmCM app).
2: launch PSNinja_V4
3: Select the first three options: “Whipe History, Replace History, Make History Read Only”. (I don’t fully understand what this this does but I’ve been told to do it as it helps with the stealth aspect.
4: launch PSN Patch 2017.02B, then press “X” once in the app.
5: launch the game from the XMB.

I’ve tried so many things ranging from replacing the EBOOTs for it, to replacing the entire game itself. I just recently tried Pirate Bay. I transferred the game from my usb to the “GAMEZ” folder but now nothing is recognized except an ISO i accidentally made of the game earlier. The game does not show up in MultiMan, webMAN Games, nor IRISMAN v4.82. I don’t really know what to do anymore. I contacted the seller on eBay asking about the problem and this is what he said “Black Ops one works just fine but in the description of the listing as a Black Ops II had errors so you could download Black Ops 2 01717 and then put a multiplayer eboot on with a sprx .for Black Ops 1 you need to change the eboot and add any mod you want .for Black Ops 2 you need to change the region code eboot and mod menu”. He states that BO1 works just fine but I was having the same original problem with that game too. I’ve since then deleted all games installed on the PS, trying everything I can to fix this issue but no success. I now have a BO2 game on my “GAMEZ” file located in my “dev_hdd0”. There is also a file called “GAMES” in the dev_hdd0 but has nothing in it. Both files have the ninja styled icon before them.
I’ve noticed he said to “change the region code, EBOOT, and mod menu. Can someone explain to me how to do this?

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Omg I finally got it to work! I’ll post a video of what I did to get it to work soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register