Tutorial PS3 Custom Firmware Download Links + 3.41 & 3.55 OFW

• Thread starter xcashmoneyx7
  • Start date
  • Views 584,653
E

ELITE786

Reaction score
Sin$
HEYYYYY pleasee someone help me if its done free CL for life for you :smile: i have a new ps3 on 2.42 do i just download 3.55 jailbreak and update or do i install official 3.55 then jailbreak it thank you

Chips 98

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
HEYYYYY pleasee someone help me if its done free CL for life for you :smile: i have a new ps3 on 2.42 do i just download 3.55 jailbreak and update or do i install official 3.55 then jailbreak it thank you
install the 3.55 ofw and then the 3.55 cfw.

E

ELITE786

Reaction score
Sin$
so i download the official 3.55 1st then jailbreak it ?

and it would be helpfull for any links thanks so much !!!

Chips 98

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
so i download the official 3.55 1st then jailbreak it ?

and it would be helpfull for any links thanks so much !!!
links are on the first page of this thread. use the official firmware 3.55 then one of the custom firmware 3.55.

E

ELITE786

Reaction score
Sin$
okk cheers broo so i get the official firmware then put the custom firmware after and what custom firmware do you suggest mate thanks so much :smile: ?

Internet_Jedi

Internet_Jedi

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok since I am really new at hacking and all my experience so far is just book knowledge I have a few questions. My first question is just to see if i'm headed in the right direction with my plans, so here i go. From what I've read everything up untill now has just been built off of geohotz PS3 jailbreak. Basically everyone took his jailbreak and just added code, and added what they wanted correct? The next question is the jailbreak is 100% hardware side and none of it is done through PSN correct?

MrGoldenBong

MrGoldenBong

Don't put knives in toasters
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok since I am really new at hacking and all my experience so far is just book knowledge I have a few questions. My first question is just to see if i'm headed in the right direction with my plans, so here i go. From what I've read everything up untill now has just been built off of geohotz PS3 jailbreak. Basically everyone took his jailbreak and just added code, and added what they wanted correct? The next question is the jailbreak is 100% hardware side and none of it is done through PSN correct?
I have no idea where PSN would come into place, unless theres some form of checkup/verification against CFW. It's all done via editing the firmware, it has very little to do with hardware or PSN. This is why whenever there is a software update (firmware) the CFW usually has no use.

Internet_Jedi

Internet_Jedi

Reaction score
Sin$
Why cant we create a PSN network that we control? Our own server that the PS3 can connect to and enable updating and home-brew from there. It might be easier to circumvent the system network side then hardware side.

MrGoldenBong

MrGoldenBong

Don't put knives in toasters
Reaction score
Sin$
Why cant we create a PSN network that we control? Our own server that the PS3 can connect to and enable updating and home-brew from there. It might be easier to circumvent the system network side then hardware side.
In order to do this, you would need custom firmware for a start, to run an application that lets you make your own "Network" if thats what you'd really like to call it. This is fairly easy, making an application. However, the reason it isn't done is because servers cost quite a lot of money. People that have the money to pay for dozens of servers would simply not be interested. There is a homebrew store on the PSVita, though. That is just an applet though, nothing like a whole gaming network like the PSN. I'm not too familiar with this, but common sense tells me my process would be correct. An applet like a store, and an online gaming network, not to mention other things that the PSN uses would be fairly hard to replicate. There's no real use anyway, if you run CFW, there's lots more other things to do than play on PSN.

Internet_Jedi

Internet_Jedi

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the information, like i said i am very new to this and still learning. Gave you a like for your response :biggrin:.

E

ELITE786

Reaction score
Sin$
heyyy please help me when i install 3.55 OFW onto my 2.42 ps3 a error code appears help please

E

ELITE786

Reaction score
Sin$
heyy thnks for replying and no not recovery menu because its only available for firmwares 2.50 and above and the error code is (80029C68) please reply

Chips 98

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
heyy thnks for replying and no not recovery menu because its only available for firmwares 2.50 and above and the error code is (80029C68) please reply
i looked into this error and it say to try formating the hard drive. you can find this in the system settings area. after formating the hard drive try updateing again

E

ELITE786

Reaction score
Sin$
Anyway i finally found a like and it worked xD well when i jailbroke my ps3 i wanted to change the patch went on to filezilla and when i got to the part where you choose you game e.g. BLES... there was nothing there i realised the ps3 has never been played on and also the laser is broken so they is not data utility to overite the original patch can anybody resolve this i will be so grateful thanks!!!

B

barringtonjr

Reaction score
Sin$
I had my PS3 for 2 years. Its at firmware 4.11, Im wondering if I could do the factory default reset back to original settings if it would reset the firmware back to original one.

xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
I had my PS3 for 2 years. Its at firmware 4.11, Im wondering if I could do the factory default reset back to original settings if it would reset the firmware back to original one.
Unfortunately, Sony hasn't made it that easy. If you are serious about downgrading, you'll want to purchase the E3 flasher. You can read more about it at the official E3 website: http://www.e3-tech.net/prdouct.html

xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
i want to jaulbreak my ps3, but i have 4.11, could i download that 3.55 firmwire
Unfortunately, Sony hasn't made it that easy; you can't install a lower firmware than you are already on. If you are serious about downgrading and jailbreaking your PS3, you'll want to purchase the E3 flasher. You can read more about it at the official E3 website: http://www.e3-tech.net/prdouct.html

Top Bottom
Login
Register