Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
PS-Vita-2014.jpg

Sony has revealed the PS Vita Slim can be pre-ordered today for a release date on February 7. It will launch for around £180, £50 less than the original Vita's RRP.

Only available in black at the moment.

PS Vita Slim Features
- Obviously thinner and lighter then the original.
- Longer lasting battery.
- 1GB of internal storage.
- OLED screen replaced with LCD.
- Home button doesn't have blue LED.
- MicroUSB port for charging!
- Redesigned buttons.

Source

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm happy with my Fat Vita :smile: Maybe if they released a Darth Vader Vita or God of War Vita I would consider it because the PSP versions looked sick.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm happy with my Fat Vita :smile: Maybe if they released a Darth Vader Vita or God of War Vita I would consider it because the PSP versions looked sick.

Ya, I think I'll pass on the slim too. I really love the OLED screen and the size doesn't really matter, because honestly my Vita rarely leaves my house. Ha.

I do like the bigger Start and Select buttons. Pain in the *** on the OG Vita. Lol.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya, I think I'll pass on the slim too. I really love the OLED screen and the size doesn't really matter, because honestly my Vita rarely leaves my house. Ha.

I do like the bigger Start and Select buttons. Pain in the *** on the OG Vita. Lol.
The screen is a major improvement from the LCD, thats for sure but when I read that the PS button doesn't have Blue LED, I was like damn Sony; why?

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The screen is a major improvement from the LCD, thats for sure but when I read that the PS button doesn't have Blue LED, I was like damn Sony; why?

Haha. You know, I'll be sitting at my computer and I'll see that thing pulse at me. It's like it's calling my name wanting to be played. :smile:

A nice benefit of LCD would be less glare, but it looks like Sony put glass over the screen so it still has a bad glare. :/
xl_Sony-PS-Vita-Slim-1-624.jpg

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha. You know, I'll be sitting at my computer and I'll see that thing pulse at me. It's like it's calling my name wanting to be played. :smile:

A nice benefit of LCD would be less glare, but it looks like Sony put glass over the screen so it still has a bad glare. :/
xl_Sony-PS-Vita-Slim-1-624.jpg
To me, the slim looks a lot cheaper; the casing to be specific; I hate the gloss, when I see electronics with gloss; it makes me not wanna to buy them. I'm sure Sony will make a nice quarterly income from the Slim; I must say that the Original gets heavy and tiresome after a few long gaming sessions.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
To me, the slim looks a lot cheaper; the casing to be specific; I hate the gloss, when I see electronics with gloss; it makes me not wanna to buy them. I'm sure Sony will make a nice quarterly income from the Slim; I must say that the Original gets heavy and tiresome after a few long gaming sessions.

I bought one of these bad boys, love it. Lets me play longer without getting cramps. When using remote play, you don't have to rest your fingers on the back touchpad, screwing you up as you play either.

Taser

Taser

༼ つ ◉_◉ ༽つ
Bright Idea Modder Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
It looks more like the psp with its glossy hosing which to me is not an improvement. I do think the extra battery is the only real improvment. The 1gb of storage is pretty much a joke and I think as it is, the vita has a nice weight. I guess I will really form my opinions more when I get to see it first hand.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It looks more like the psp with its glossy hosing which to me is not an improvement. I do think the extra battery is the only real improvment. The 1gb of storage is pretty much a joke and I think as it is, the vita has a nice weight. I guess I will really form my opinions more when I get to see it first hand.

People say the OG feels like a brick compared to the slim. The difference in size is apparently really noticeable.

Top Bottom
Login
Register