• Start date
  • Views 3,233
W

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Reaction score
ps_vita_system.png

This is a mini tutorial for TN-V 6.60 for the PS Vita. This enables homebrew and allows further XMB customizations.

Features it adds:
  • Entire PSP environment
  • Recovery and VSH menu
  • Plugin support
  • CPU speed changement
  • Install add ons
  • Network updates
  • 1.50 kernel homebrews compatibility
  • High PSX compatibility
  • High backups compatibility
  • Support of prometheus patched backups

Installation instructions (requires an exploit, TN-V is not an exploit itself):
1. Search the game which you own in ‘savedatas’ and extract the associated savedata to ‘\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\’, (The ’XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ is a bunch of random numbers and letters.)

2. Transfer it to your PS Vita using CMA.

3. Obtain the 6.60 EBOOT (link HERE!) and copy it to the savedata folder with the name ’660.PBP’

4. Run the exploit game and hold the R trigger while the game is loading the exploited savedata.

5. Once you are in the recovery menu, select: -> Advanced -> Install 6.60 files

6. As original OFW files are needed, this step has to be done. But ONLY ONE TIME.

7. If you are not familiar with the recovery menu, only adjust the settings which are recommended.

8. Enjoy 6.60 TN-V

PS Vita Eboot Renamer
What is this?

Vita Eboot Renamer (or VER for short) is a tool that allows you to rename all Eboots in your Vita Memory Stick to a different name with a single click.

Why do I need this?

You don't need this if you are using a menu that allows different eboot names, such as pyMenu, vMenu and yMenu, but other menus such as tnMenu and the XMB only allow one name to be used, so you have to rename all your eboots to that specific name, this apps eases this tedious job for you.

Why are the eboots named like that?

The Vita doesn't allow us to have files named EBOOT.PBP, so to install a homebrew we must rename it. Depending on the installation method, for example if you install a homebrew using wMenu or pyMenu it will be renamed to wmenu.bin, but if you use FTP on ARK it will be named VBOOT.PBP or if you use FTP on TN CEF it'll be named FBOOT.PBP

Why can't the different menus support all naming types?

Usually they do, pyMenu, yMenu and vMenu all support all naming types, but other menus such as tnMenu don't support it, this has to do with how the programmer makes the menu.

So, when should I use this tool?

To put simple, use this tool on tnMenu or the XMB, those are the known menus that only support one naming convention, FBOOT.PBP to be more precise. So if you launch tnMenu or the XMB and you see that some of your homebrews show up as corrupted, or don't show up at all, then use this tool to rename them.

Just a reminder for some of you that still are confused; you must have an exploit that has been released on 1.6x – 2.02 to be able to use TN-V. You can not update to 2.05 and above because no usermode exploits with a kernel exploit have been released and any exploits previously released are blocked.

Finally, TomTomDu80 has confirmed (via wololo.net/2013/03/16/vita-hack-tomtomdu80-confirms-his-vhbl-port-will-be-released/) that his VHBL port will be released, to quote:

VHBL Ninja releases are like the Fight Club. The first rules of the ninja releases is that you’re not supposed to talk about them. Then again, there’s always the difficulty of letting people know that they should be ready for an upcoming hack, without saying too much… TomTomDu80 confirmed to me that he will be releasing his VHBL (compatible with OFW 2.06) port sometimes soon.

The release date is of course not disclosed, as this is a key part of the success of such releases. But at this point, it is not a question of “if”, but a question of “when”.

As for all previous VHBL ports, running this exploit will require you to purchase a specific PSP game on the PSN (the exploit relies on a vulnerability in that one game). Given the history of these exploits, we know that Sony take the problem seriously enough to pull the exploited games from their stores, usually within hours of the public announcement. For this reason the announce is secretly made to members of our community before it is announced publicly.

As a reminder, VHBL is a homebrew loader for the psp and in particular will not let you run psp isos or vita isos. VHBL has an ok compatibility rate with the most popular PSP homebrews and emulators (snes, nes, gba, megadrive, …, although this highly depends on the exploited game. I haven’t tested this port myself yet. For those of you on 2.05 or 2.06, this will probably be your best bet for now to run a psp emulator hack on your Vita.

For those who are running on 2.02 or lower, with CEF or ARK, the choice is more difficult, as you’ll have to choose between running a PSP Custom Firmware, and get to the latest Vita firmware but stick to a less compatible homebrew experience with VHBL. In general I would recommend to keep your eCFW over updating in order to get VHBL, but the choice is yours.

More/better details can be found here.

I

irving102

If you are reading this, you can read.
Reaction score
just saw nvm

A

Arjan

Thanks guys.
Reaction score
Thanks, I had no use for my PS Vita so I just did this.

Top Bottom