Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so as stated by the title this will be a discussion on your opinions on if there should/will be ban waves on a CFW Vita system. I personally own many modified consoles and do take bans quite seriously. Sony on the other hand doesn't hand out bans quite as easily as Xbox (personal opinion). I know that with the Vita being modded on a firmware that has online functionality that raises the stakes a bit. When looking at the system it has previous exploits but none that were online as my knowledge and understanding go. With that being stated I am curious as to if a ban wave will happen or if it will be swept under the rug like the predecessor PSP handheld. Please let me know your opinion on the matter below.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so as stated by the title this will be a discussion on your opinions on if there should/will be ban waves on a CFW Vita system. I personally own many modified consoles and do take bans quite seriously. Sony on the other hand doesn't hand out bans quite as easily as Xbox (personal opinion). I know that with the Vita being modded on a firmware that has online functionality that raises the stakes a bit. When looking at the system it has previous exploits but none that were online as my knowledge and understanding go. With that being stated I am curious as to if a ban wave will happen or if it will be swept under the rug like the predecessor PSP handheld. Please let me know your opinion on the matter below.
There's not even any way for Sony to have definitive proof that your Vita is hacked, so I guarantee that there will be no ban wave or even any bans at all. Henkaku is 2 years old now and there's never been any confirmed bans, I doubt it will ever happen. Maybe if cheats are ever released for an online game on the Vita or something, but I still doubt the Vita takes enough of Sony's attention for them to care.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
There's not even any way for Sony to have definitive proof that your Vita is hacked, so I guarantee that there will be no ban wave or even any bans at all. Henkaku is 2 years old now and there's never been any confirmed bans, I doubt it will ever happen. Maybe if cheats are ever released for an online game on the Vita or something, but I still doubt the Vita takes enough of Sony's attention for them to care.
There are cheat saves that could be taken online if someone wanted to but at the same time you do put up a very valid argument. I believe they probably could pull information from the system to see if unsigned code is being used such as the Nintendo Switch's situation right now.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
There are cheat saves that could be taken online if someone wanted to but at the same time you do put up a very valid argument. I believe they probably could pull information from the system to see if unsigned code is being used such as the Nintendo Switch's situation right now.
It's been checked probably hundreds of times since HEN's release in 2016, and we can say with almost 100% certainty that there is no way for Sony to collect any sort of data from the Vita that could tell them if it's been hacked or not, and I doubt they're even interested in doing so. If they had ever planned on banning PSN accounts or collecting system data from Vita's they could have done so. They saw Hen coming because of the PSP, and the Vita is said to have had probably the best security built into a console ever. I'm sure they could have gone heavier but they didn't, so they clearly don't care that much.

Top Bottom
Login
Register