Status
Not open for further replies.
Slade

Slade

Why be a King
MotM TotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
So im trying to figure out how to use an Australian proxy, or a New England Proxy. I see no changes when I go to a region specific site, so im wondering if im doing something wrong, or just not doing what I need to. Im using Firefox.

thanks for any help!

Search All Day

Search All Day

Enthusiast
Greeter Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
1) Go to www.whatismyip.com and make note of your current IP address.

2) Go to www.hidemyass.com and then in the box where you see the example of "google.com" replace that with www.hidemyass.com. So basically you are going back to that same page, but this time through the proxy. Note that your IP address is now different - it's theirs.

Same idea when you want to appear to be in another country. "Open proxies" can be found by googling the term. Find a web-based proxy in the appropriate country. Or you could technically go into your browser settings and put in the IP address of an open proxy server. Your standard web traffic would then be routed through that server. I would recommend against it generally, because 1) you don't technically have permission from the idiot admin who misconfigured the proxy and some might say you are stealing bandwidth and 2) if it is a man-in-the-middle malicious proxy, you could find that your traffic is being sniffed. There are gimmicks to sniff secured traffic (https) as well, but they are detectable to anyone paying close attention.

Slade

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I tried using an open proxy server, and changing my browser settings, but it didnt work. For the hidemyass one, your saying I should first search that site, then do another search for the site i want?

Search All Day

Search All Day

Enthusiast
Greeter Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I tried using an open proxy server, and changing my browser settings, but it didnt work. For the hidemyass one, your saying I should first search that site, then do another search for the site i want?
Yeah try that, hopefully it works because that is all I got.

Slade

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
Sin$
Search All Day

Search All Day

Enthusiast
Greeter Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
You are able to play those songs?! YES! So I did exactly what that site said, but nothing will load. Like every site I click on won't load o_O
Hmmm worked for me. Ok if this doesn't work then nothing will, I don't know if you are familiar with a program called hotspot shield, it is totally safe. Go here it is so simple http://www.etunescafe.com/aryandu07/2015#.UbAXcmS9Kc0

Slade

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
Sin$
Search All Day

Search All Day

Enthusiast
Greeter Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have any firewalls ennabled or something like that? I just got a message saying there was no internet connection blah blah when I clicked on stuff.
No I have firewalls off, you can delete that proxy server I gave you and download hotspot shield, it is almost 100% garuntee to work, but you do have to download it

Slade

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
Sin$
No I have firewalls off, you can delete that proxy server I gave you and download hotspot shield, it is almost 100% garuntee to work, but you do have to download it
Yea, installing it now. Just really want this to work, that album doesn't come out till the 11th, so just trying to rip it for my site.

Search All Day

Search All Day

Enthusiast
Greeter Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea, installing it now. Just really want this to work, that album doesn't come out till the 11th, so just trying to rip it for my site.
xD what's your site about?

Search All Day

Search All Day

Enthusiast
Greeter Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
No luck, switched between the UK ad Aus and still nothing. I'll try lowering my Firewalls and using that server again.
#dedication
If I can download this songs would that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register