• Thread starter Chopstick
  • Start date
  • Views 5,201
C

Chopstick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Whats the story behind prometheus??? Has it been let go?

EDIT: Posted in 2019 - Source code for Prometheus released by none other than Kornman. We will hopefully find someone to compile and get parts of this to work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
GoldBl4d3 said:
never heard of an app comming out called that.

You have never heard of Prometheus..? It is the biggest Halo related project ever. And the most anticipated. It is a full featured map builder for all versions of Halo. (Except Halo 3).

Chopstick, it is still in development. Nick stopped by at Halomods not too long ago and he said that progress is still being made, but at a very slow rate.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
then hand it over to a programmer that can finish it. Its alittle late to care about another big program for halo 2.

Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
They started to develop this a long *** time ago.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
"they" obviously were held up by somthing. Or the programmers didn't know how to do some stuff

Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
GoldBl4d3 said:
"they" obviously were held up by somthing. Or the programmers didn't know how to do some stuff

They said it's hard to get a chance to work on it because most of them have jobs and families now. It's not that they don't know how to program, they are some of the best Halo researchers.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Eaton said:
They said it's hard to get a chance to work on it because most of them have jobs and families now. It's not that they don't know how to program, they are some of the best Halo researchers.

now would that be a fact. lol

They should just hand it over to somone else.

kronosslayer

kronosslayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Boy wouldnt that be awesome to own that program im about at my full modding capacity except AI n that would be a jump :smile:

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's never going to be released. I can't believe they are still trying to hype this up. Nick is a **** to begin with. Why don't they just say it was all a joke and give up on this already. H2 is dead...it's been a long time since h2 was released.

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea, they need to at least show the progress to keep up some hope or as was stated, if its real then hand it off to other people, because its REALLY hard to care about a program thats been in development for 28453 years and still has no ETA

E

Epsilon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll have RSA Cracked before this is released :tongue: (2.2^240000000 Years :smile:)
Halo CE is dead :frown: I like it and I might make an IPB Site for it, but I need somemembers who will be dedicated.:smile:

S

SwopS37

Reaction score
Sin$
For real... I remember hearing about that ULTIMATE halo editing tool. it might be a dev tool

UrbanSpawn

UrbanSpawn

Reaction score
Sin$
You have never heard of Prometheus..? It is the biggest Halo related project ever. And the most anticipated. It is a full featured map builder for all versions of Halo. (Except Halo 3).

Chopstick, it is still in development. Nick stopped by at Halomods not too long ago and he said that progress is still being made, but at a very slow rate.
A man this bring back so much memories... Would have been really awesome.. Man more than 15 years ago.. Remember talking (email) with Nick and asking how the project was going.this could have been really big!
But none the less Halo modding scene was really awesome. I can't thank enough the Halo Community for be the open and awesome!

ISOCheated

ISOCheated

Illuminati
Reaction score
Sin$
A man this bring back so much memories... Would have been really awesome.. Man more than 15 years ago.. Remember talking (email) with Nick and asking how the project was going.this could have been really big!
But none the less Halo modding scene was really awesome. I can't thank enough the Halo Community for be the open and awesome!
[Click here to view this link] Just in case someone knows someone who could build it. It's the source

GUARDIAN_swoop37

GUARDIAN_swoop37

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
OK so IO saw this in another post and my mind was just about blown. I remember hering about this program years ago and thought it was a myth. there were rumors going around way back in the Halo 2 days about this program, I almost thought it was a BUNGiE exploit tool or that some of the app script was leaked or stolen from BUNGiE developers.

Top Bottom
Login
Register