What's new

Question Projectiles not swapping

Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's been a very long time since I have done any Halo 2 mods, and I just thought I'd get back into it for fun. I am attempting to swap the projectiles on any weapon, and they simply are not altering in game. I have used the UberVisibleProjectileTool to enable the visible projectiles, go to the weapon and swap out the proj tag with another proj(ex. smg bullet for banshee bomb), then I click save changes. I resign using CMR2 and transfer back to my external HDD and plug it back into my RGH. I load a different map, end game, and load up the supposed modded map with the altered weapon as my starting, however, when I fire the weapon nothing is changed. Is there something I am overlooking or simply forgot about? I have searched both on here and through Google, but no luck. It's been going on for a couple of days now.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't messed with projectile swaps in a while but I think Redherring32 Redherring32 has recently done it. Have you looked through some of the tutorials for this? I thought he had one on it.

Upvote 0
Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't messed with projectile swaps in a while but I think Redherring32 Redherring32 has recently done it. Have you looked through some of the tutorials for this? I thought he had one on it.
I did look up tutorials to see if I was doing everything correctly, and from what I did to what I saw, I did. I'm pulling my hair trying to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong, but just can't seem to figure it out. I don't know if it's any different than on an unmodified Xbox 360. I have the Halo 2 map on both my external and copied over to the stock hdd, but neither seem to work.

Upvote 0
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I did look up tutorials to see if I was doing everything correctly, and from what I did to what I saw, I did. I'm pulling my hair trying to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong, but just can't seem to figure it out. I don't know if it's any different than on an unmodified Xbox 360. I have the Halo 2 map on both my external and copied over to the stock hdd, but neither seem to work.
Which map are you doing? Might have something to do with the cache so if you can rename the game, and if it's a DLC map, use my tutorial so you don't need the DLC installer and have the games show up in the mainmenu (I think I provide the sppf file), and see if that works.

The only other thing I can think of is try using compatibility mode on the program and set it to Win XP. Seeing as all these were created back then, it might be a compatibility issue.

Upvote 0
Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Which map are you doing? Might have something to do with the cache so if you can rename the game, and if it's a DLC map, use my tutorial so you don't need the DLC installer and have the games show up in the mainmenu (I think I provide the sppf file), and see if that works.

The only other thing I can think of is try using compatibility mode on the program and set it to Win XP. Seeing as all these were created back then, it might be a compatibility issue.
Would the compatibility be an issue even if the data saves on the map? I've saved the map, closed it, and reopened it with all of the altered information still in it. I am attempting to modify Backwash, haven't tried any other map yet. I already found the DLC installer as well as updater, installed both so I can play the DLC just fine, but modding it does not work for some reason.

Update: I just attempted to modify Relic(Dune.map), and same result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Redherring32

Redherring32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you using Entity, or Dothalo?
If Dothalo, try doing this to see if it works to rule stuff out:
Make a Weapon Shoot Stickies

1)open a map in dothalo

2)go to [weap] weapon tag

3) select sniper rifle

4)in the dependenciesreflexiveslone i.d.'s window highlight the
proj-objectsweaponsriflesniper_rifleprojectilessni per_rifle

5)drop down the dependencie/loneI.D. and select objectsweaponsgrenadeplasma_grenadeplasma_gren ade

6)save changes

7)now go to the [proj] and select plasma grenade

8)go to the tag editor and change the inital projectile speed and the final projectile speed to 400

9)save tag changes and fix encryption

I personally found projectile swapping to be hit or miss at best,
sometimes it'll work, sometimes not.

I've had the same issue a few times.

You can also find me on Discord: Redherring32#5196

Upvote 0
Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you using Entity, or Dothalo?
If Dothalo, try doing this to see if it works to rule stuff out:

I personally found projectile swapping to be hit or miss at best,
sometimes it'll work, sometimes not.

I've had the same issue a few times.

You can also find me on Discord: Redherring32#5196
I'm using Dot Halo to swap projectiles. I attempted to do what you provided, and it did not work. I did look back on some tutorials on ibotmodz, and I'm doing everything correctly. :S

Upvote 0
VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm using Dot Halo to swap projectiles. I attempted to do what you provided, and it did not work. I did look back on some tutorials on ibotmodz, and I'm doing everything correctly. :S

make a edit
put it on your xbox
load the map
then exit the map
put that map back on your computer and open it up
check to see if your edit is still on there

Upvote 0
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
make a edit
put it on your xbox
load the map
then exit the map
I have a feeling it's either a cache thing or possibly a visual problem. Kira, can you add a second controller and swap the AR with rocket proj? Then shoot the second player with one bullet and see if it's a one shot kill.

Upvote 0
Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
make a edit
put it on your xbox
load the map
then exit the map
I will take a look as soon as I get home and let you know.
I have a feeling it's either a cache thing or possibly a visual problem. Kira, can you add a second controller and swap the AR with rocket proj? Then shoot the second player with one bullet and see if it's a one shot kill.
I dont think it's a visual problem. I have the SMG set to shoot mortar turret charged, shoot at the ground and nothing. I do not have invulnerability enabled either. I'll give the second controller thing a shot when I get home though. If it's a cache issue, do you know how I'd fix that? I dont ever remember having this many issues trying to mod Halo 2 haha

Edit: I did make clean backups off all maps, so I can clone one and attempt to modify from scratch. I will try to stay within Entity with this one and see if maybe Dot Halo is the issue.

Upvote 0
VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
I will take a look as soon as I get home and let you know.
I dont think it's a visual problem. I have the SMG set to shoot mortar turret charged, shoot at the ground and nothing. I do not have invulnerability enabled either. I'll give the second controller thing a shot when I get home though. If it's a cache issue, do you know how I'd fix that? I dont ever remember having this many issues trying to mod Halo 2 haha

Edit: I did make clean backups off all maps, so I can clone one and attempt to modify from scratch. I will try to stay within Entity with this one and see if maybe Dot Halo is the issue.

awesome. yeah the first thing we need to do is just make sure the swaps are staying on the map. even if they don't work in game, we need to make sure that the changes can go on your xbox and then you can take it off of your xbox and still view the changes in entity.

i do have an idea for what you can do for the projectile swap, but we'll get to that once we can guarantee the changes stay

Upvote 0
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If it's a cache issue, do you know how I'd fix that?
IIRC, 4 maps are stored in the cache so just play 4 maps that aren't your modded map (and maybe 1 or 2 for good measure for testing purposes), then load up your modded map.

Upvote 0
Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
make a edit
put it on your xbox
load the map
then exit the map
Okay, so I just got home and went straight for the Xbox just so I wouldn't keep you waiting even longer. I did transfer the map back to my PC and opened it up. The changes are still saved on the map, including the sniper rifle edit you requested.
IIRC, 4 maps are stored in the cache so just play 4 maps that aren't your modded map (and maybe 1 or 2 for good measure for testing purposes), then load up your modded map.
I loaded up 7 maps(mixed dlc and stock) all unmodified, and still no luck.

Upvote 0
VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so I just got home and went straight for the Xbox just so I wouldn't keep you waiting even longer. I did transfer the map back to my PC and opened it up. The changes are still saved on the map, including the sniper rifle edit you requested.

I loaded up 7 maps(mixed dlc and stock) all unmodified, and still no luck.

instead of chanigng the wpn projectile, go ahead and go into the projectile and change what it shoots out instead

Upvote 0
Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
instead of chanigng the wpn projectile, go ahead and go into the projectile and change what it shoots out instead
I started with a clean map before trying this, and I did the play maps as AzzidReign suggested...and still nothing. I'm gonna cry now guys.

Edit: I decided to see if any other type of modification to the map would work, so I attempted to change my jump height. I again loaded multiple maps before finally loading the modified one, and the jump height did not alter in game at all, however, it is still altered on the file when I transfer it back over to my PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
I started with a clean map before trying this, and I did the play maps as AzzidReign suggested...and still nothing. I'm gonna cry now guys.

Edit: I decided to see if any other type of modification to the map would work, so I attempted to change my jump height. I again loaded multiple maps before finally loading the modified one, and the jump height did not alter in game at all, however, it is still altered on the file when I transfer it back over to my PC.

you using the newest entity?

Upvote 0
Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
you using the newest entity?
I attempted to use Entity 2.1.9, and I've used multiple Dot Halos. When I use Entity, I end up getting an error message.

mlheWa3

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register