• Start date
  • Views 1,187
F

Fear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So i saw a tut for making projectile mods visible only if ur host
so arent others able to see projectile changes on my host without this...?
lets say i shoot bangee bolts out of my br on narrows and i have host, are the others able to see it?

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So i saw a tut for making projectile mods visible only if ur host
so arent others able to see projectile changes on my host without this...?
lets say i shoot bangee bolts out of my br on narrows and i have host, are the others able to see it?
By just changing the projectile? No.
Charged plasma pistol and rockets would work though.

F

Fear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so they will see the normal br projectile but will get killed by the bangee bolt explosion?

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. We need to look into Halo 2 and see how it was done on there infact. ;o
I did it by replacing the trigger chunk with the trigger from the rocket launcher, then fixing everything to look and act like it should, then just changing the projectile like normal.

F

Fear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. We need to look into Halo 2 and see how it was done on there infact. ;o

ight here
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/275607-special-projectial-trick-for-xlink-or-xboxlive/page__pid__1976453#entry1976453

S

soulwarrior

Reaction score
Sin$
As a host you can set it to make sure everyone can see and make sure the kill goes to the player as opposed to the guardians. I'll give you my example of how i made plasma shotties:
1. Go to the weapons tag and change the projectile to plasma grenades (do not null the projectile as some guides say because the guardians will get the kill instead of you).
2. Change the firing effect to a vehicle part, I used objects\vehicles\mongoose\fx\destruction\trans_hull_major
3. Poke all. You should see the shotty shoot 2 plasma grenades
4. Now go to the effects tag. Go down to the weapon you are using (in this case the shotgun) and copy the float number under location as other guides say and paste it in the float under location of the part you changed the firing effect to (in this case you would paste it in the float location in the effects tag of objects\vehicles\mongoose\fx\destruction\trans_hull_major). Poke all (you may need to poke more than once for it to work correctly)
4. While still in the effects tag of the vehicle part you should see attachment. Change it to proj, and then select plasma grenade. Change the velocity bound min/max and cone angle to zero. Poke all (you may need to poke more than once for it to work correctly).
5. Now close the effects tag, go to the proj tag, and then to plasma grenade. I wanted the plasma grenades to shoot out like shotgun shells so i change the flag to say travels instantaneously, changed the maxium range to 6, changed the air gravity scale to zero, and the initial/final velocities to 480. Then I poked all (sometimes have to poke more than once).
6. Now everyone can see your changes and the kills count correctly.

F

Fear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
does anyone how to do all these mods WITHOUT host...
i saw a video from renegade doing projectile and team mods without host...

Top Bottom
Login
Register