What's new

Solved Project Muffin CR Rev D/Matrix v3 install

Rpidemon

Rpidemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does the crystal need to be disabled or can it be left as is and not solder to stby_clk point to use the chips clock as opposed to the consoles? Bit of contradicting info is making my head hurt :wtf:

Rpidemon

Rpidemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have only ever done one rgh on my own and my boot tones have been pretty good tbh 10-30 seconds
Excellent I have been using Ace V3 in slim trinitys and had a 5/5 success rate but waiting for a slow boat delivery from China has made the Rev D my only option on this install. May I pick your brains as to which set of timing files you used and which one gave you success.

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All trinity ibuse the default trinity sxvf and boots good just may have to play with cpu rst wire aka blue wire.
Best routing for me is around fan shroud
Or coiled under xclamps

Rpidemon

Rpidemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Good afternoon all, installed the Rev D this morning using the project muffin method which is the same wiring as a CR4 XL. Spot on boots in 1-4 glitches using the 7.1 timing file which i am more than happy with. Nice short 30awg wires for post_out and cpu_rst on the underside no coiling round xclamps. I also used the topside for DB2G3 as opposed to the underside but in hindsight the bottom point may of been better for tidyness. One thing i will say is that the :roflmao:3.3v:roflmao: and ground wires that come with Rev d are horrendously fat so dont bother with them :wideyed:.
I think this is on a par with 15342's S-RGH using the ACE v3 but a few more installs will decide.

Last edited:
J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
5v and ground wires that come with Rev d are horrendously fat
Umm, the rev D uses 3.3V, not 5V? :what:
I think this is on a par with 15342's S-RGH using the ACE v3 but a few more installs will decide.
S-RGH is better, project muffin doesn't work every single time. Plus, it requires more fine tuning in some cases.

Rpidemon

Rpidemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My bad could be 3.3v the point I was making are that the cables are shite. The ACE v3 is a superior chip in my opinion but I would still use the rev D if needed maybe I just got lucky? The cheap/clone chips I have used in the last few years still seem superior to the overpriced stuff tx used to churn out for a method that essentially does the same as the CR 4 xl for a quarter of the price I ain't going to grumble.

Rpidemon

Rpidemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
2 out of 2 now on the Project Muffin installs this time using a Matrix v3 again with the 7.1 timing file on a Trinity. Boom 1-3 glitches every time don't mind if I do :wink:

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Clone or original :eek::eek::eek:

Not bad, Now try getting instant boots with an REV C :wink:

Takes To Much Time To Try And Make The Trinity Instant Gltich With A Coolrunner Rev C.

Only Thing That Will Always Instant Glitch For Me Is When Booting Xell. Much Easier To Get It Instant Glitching With A X360ace With 15432 Files.

It's Possible To Make It Instant Glitch With A Coolrunner Rev D / Muffin Files.

Top Bottom
Login
Register