What's new

Progress on Reverse Engineering GTA 5

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
A program has already been created that can extract files from GTA 5's RPF files.

BxUBQ0N.png

See here:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10719&start=60 (scroll down to see the post by kornto.

The program has basic export functionality although I'm sure kornto will add more functionality as time goes on. By briefly looking at the code, it appears although R* have moved away from a purely hash based RPF (with no names table) and implemented a names table for GTA 5 - this means there will be no need to look for hashes for the majority of files.

As well as this, the encryption keys have also been located by multiple people, however due to copyright issues people are handing out the hashes of the keys instead (which can then be used to find the actual keys).

Another look at the code, it appears to include the use of XCompress.dll which would suggest compression is now entirely based on LZX (with no usage of deflate for non-resource based files) although I may be incorrect in this so please don't hold me to it.

I believe this sets the tone for a hopeful and prosperous time modding GTA V.

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
Many people are putting lots of time and effort on modding it. It doesn't surprise me one bit.

Last edited:
Zorg93

NayJames123

Read Art
Fabled Veteran Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
how did you find the part0.rpf, are those the files in the content folder

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
how do you get them, I can only see the long files with the numbers when i look at the iso, but things like common.rpf show up in the iso

long files with numbers are the xbox 360 containers which are stored at the dlc location in 0000000000000 when you install disc 1. Just extract them with horizon or something lol.

Also anyone got the encryption key?

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
long files with numbers are the xbox 360 containers which are stored at the dlc location in 0000000000000 when you install disc 1. Just extract them with horizon or something lol.

I'm just curious, could you replace the files using Horizon? Extract, modify and then replace?

Zorg93

NayJames123

Read Art
Reaction score
Sin$

Also anyone got the encryption key?
thanks

Blueprintz V2

Pair Of Socks

Grand Theft Auto IV Genius
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow Cathering, Nice find it looks like there will be a bright future in the new GTA with modding, Hopefully it doesnt go to extreme like the GTA IV mods.

Well done!

Txg Evolution

Txg Evolution

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Seen that on Xentax, managed to manually extract the right key. Built a program for it as well. But thanks for the info.

http://forum.tmacdev.com/index.php?/topic/255-gta-v-key-extractor/

did you happen to download this or have a dif link because that one isnt working for me and i cant find the post on there possibly they removed it idk?? think you could pm me a dl link or something along those lines thanks alot :smile:

edit: is the gta one in his current rpf tool do i jus need to update it? im on my ipad not my pc rite now so i cant look

Zorg93

NayJames123

Read Art
Reaction score
Sin$
did you happen to download this or have a dif link because that one isnt working for me and i cant find the post on there possibly they removed it idk?? think you could pm me a dl link or something along those lines thanks alot :smile:

edit: is the gta one in his current rpf tool do i jus need to update it? im on my ipad not my pc rite now so i cant look
you need to download the tool and get the key, put it in a binary file called key.dat in the same folder as the tool

XBLToothPik

XBLToothPik

Contributor
Programmer Modder Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$

The topic is still up, you just have to be registered. RPFTool hasn't been updated. I plan on making my own RPF tool soon :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register