Problems with FTPing.

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by Gothikpunk91, Dec 16, 2008 with 5 replies and 360 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothikpunk91

Gothikpunk91 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok, Dont know if anyone checks these anymore but heres my problem.
    I can't FTP directorys straight to my G drive. I have a 500 gig hard drive, and most of the space is on the G drive. I have over 70 games on it so Im not even going to look at a post saying reformat it. Is there like a directory limit on the xbox? or is it just with my FTP program(FlashFXP)?

2. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    There is no directory limit as far as I know and I also know that it can't be Flash FXP. You positive you haven't exceeded your 500 gig limit? It's the only thing I can think of.

3. OP
    Gothikpunk91

Gothikpunk91 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    im certain i havnt exeded my limit. my G drive still has 75 gigs left on it. And my F has only 3 gigs.

4. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    In that case, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Just hit me up on aim and I'll have someone point you in the right direction.

Also, you might want to try manually making the directory folder and pasting the files instead of moving the entire directory. This may work for you.

5. jeezy103

jeezy103 Getting There

Ratings:
    i do have a 500gb hdd as well, and came across this problem when trying to ftp(flashxp) with xbmc as my main dash. Apparently i had accidentally changed the dash's "network settings", thus couldn't ftp. So i suggest you either change some network settings of the dash i.e. fatx-limiter,username, passwords(default un: xbox, default pw: xbox) , etc... OR, If like me you have numerous dashes on your xbox, just switch to another (say unleashx, evox,etc) and try ftping using that instead. It's bound to work.
    Hope it helped.
    J.

6. OP
    Gothikpunk91

Gothikpunk91 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    cant say it helped. I dont have a problem connecting, just adding data to the G partition. Im using unleashx as a dashboard if that matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.