What's new

Discussion Problems with Destiny

BFella

BFella

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
First let me start of by saying I like Bungie, I've loved their games in the past and I've always loved how involved with the community they were.

This thread is to criticize Destiny constructively and intelligently without trolling and without ignorant fanboy posts. I'm writing this all after playing Destiny since launch day. First of all let me say, this game was a huge disappointment, there were so many FALSE advertisements about this game, so much hype around it that it fell short for many of us here in the community who bought it and helped support Bungie along this journey to a new world. There are so many problems with this game that Bungie can fix, but then there are some that I don't see being fixed, it seems like Bungie and Activision wanted to milk us out of the most money possible.

I'm going to list the problems I SEE with this game and I'm sure many others here share the same thoughts, I would like to hear what all of you think, supporting the game or having been disappointed like a lot of us, this thread is for opinions, since we are all entitled to them.

Problems:
1. Socialization: This game was advertised to be a social game, playing with people you don't know, running strikes, mission and roaming the free world with them, yet this game is the most anti-social game I've ever played. There is NO game chat, you cannot chat with people in your proximity, with people in the tower, there's no way to communicate unless you friend request someone and invite them to a party. Now before you jump on my case and tell me they're integrating them, I KNOW THIS, but with $500 Million into this game, and a top class developer why did it take all of us complaining for them to add this, why was this feature left out at launch?

2. REPETITIVENESS I think this is THE BIGGEST problem this game faces. It's literally the most repetitive game I've ever played on console, PC and basically anything. This game is crazy with how repetitive it is. First of all in campaign the missions are the same thing over and over again, you deploy your ghost, your guard is through waves on enemies and then the mission is completed. What did you learn from the story of this game? Because I didn't get anything out of it, the lack of writing and script in this game was poor. Now, aside from the story you have to run the SAME strikes, the SAME missions OVER AND OVER again to get loot that isn't even guaranteed! People say stop complaining we got "FREE CONTENT" with the queens wrath, open you eyes, NO WE DIDN'T we got new bounties which make us go back and PLAY THE SAME MISSIONS THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE GAME AND THAT WE'VE ALREADY PLAYED MILLIONS OF TIMES! That is not free content! This game is just too repetitive and we all know it, there's not much more to explain on this problem, it's a given fact.

3. False Advertising
This game was advertised falsely, it really was. I remember watching numerous videos where developers were saying how "If we can see it, we can go out there and explore it" yet there's barriers here, and there and "Turn Back" walls. What happened to being able to go out and explore the world, EVERYTHING was supposed to be real according to Bungie. Also, Bungie said how each armor and gun was unique, but they poorly designed them, they literally ALL look the same with different skins or "camo's" on them. Every single gun model in the same, plain and boring. Also, during E3 2013 I believe, maybe earlier, Bungie showed off planets such as Venus and it's moon and other things saying these were to be with the launch of the game, how we could explore with our ships, yet we can't explore with our ships, and rumors are floating around that Venus will only be in upcoming DLC, it like they took everything out of this game, shipped it with minimal content and want to sell us everything else after the fact.

How can anyone support Bungie on this? I know the game just came out, I know it's going to develop but how are you supporting the game with the state that it's in right now? How can you rationally say that you are glad you spent $65-$150 on this game? It's a poor game and seems like Bungie totally sold out to Activision, I just can't fathom how people can sit here and say this game was worth the money and tell the people who are rationally thinking and saying this game is bad, that it's good. The feel of this game is awesome, the concept is amazing and PvP is smooth, and fun to play, yes. But there is so much wrong with this game and everything was so poorly executed that I just don't understand what happened to one of the greatest game developers of all time, they sold out, is all I can say.

Do you guys like the game, if so why? Do you guys not like the game, if so what are your problems with it? I know there are so many other issues with this game but the post would be way to long for anyone to read if I went into full detail.

- BFella

Evaldas Tervilys

Evaldas Tervilys

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
What console you playing on? If you on xbox 360 we can make some fun playing :smile:

BFella

BFella

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What console you playing on? If you on xbox 360 we can make some fun playing :smile:
I have a 360 just not destiny for it, then got XB1 on release night and have since sold it and been playing on PS4, SORRY ): -

The Angry Joe review sums it up for me
Ahhh, yes I saw his review as well, I think it's literally 100% spot on.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
First let me start of by saying I like Bungie, I've loved their games in the past and I've always loved how involved with the community they were.

This thread is to criticize Destiny constructively and intelligently without trolling and without ignorant fanboy posts. I'm writing this all after playing Destiny since launch day. First of all let me say, this game was a huge disappointment, there were so many FALSE advertisements about this game, so much hype around it that it fell short for many of us here in the community who bought it and helped support Bungie along this journey to a new world. There are so many problems with this game that Bungie can fix, but then there are some that I don't see being fixed, it seems like Bungie and Activision wanted to milk us out of the most money possible.

I'm going to list the problems I SEE with this game and I'm sure many others here share the same thoughts, I would like to hear what all of you think, supporting the game or having been disappointed like a lot of us, this thread is for opinions, since we are all entitled to them.

Problems:
1. Socialization: This game was advertised to be a social game, playing with people you don't know, running strikes, mission and roaming the free world with them, yet this game is the most anti-social game I've ever played. There is NO game chat, you cannot chat with people in your proximity, with people in the tower, there's no way to communicate unless you friend request someone and invite them to a party. Now before you jump on my case and tell me they're integrating them, I KNOW THIS, but with $500 Million into this game, and a top class developer why did it take all of us complaining for them to add this, why was this feature left out at launch?

2. REPETITIVENESS I think this is THE BIGGEST problem this game faces. It's literally the most repetitive game I've ever played on console, PC and basically anything. This game is crazy with how repetitive it is. First of all in campaign the missions are the same thing over and over again, you deploy your ghost, your guard is through waves on enemies and then the mission is completed. What did you learn from the story of this game? Because I didn't get anything out of it, the lack of writing and script in this game was poor. Now, aside from the story you have to run the SAME strikes, the SAME missions OVER AND OVER again to get loot that isn't even guaranteed! People say stop complaining we got "FREE CONTENT" with the queens wrath, open you eyes, NO WE DIDN'T we got new bounties which make us go back and PLAY THE SAME MISSIONS THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE GAME AND THAT WE'VE ALREADY PLAYED MILLIONS OF TIMES! That is not free content! This game is just too repetitive and we all know it, there's not much more to explain on this problem, it's a given fact.

3. False Advertising
This game was advertised falsely, it really was. I remember watching numerous videos where developers were saying how "If we can see it, we can go out there and explore it" yet there's barriers here, and there and "Turn Back" walls. What happened to being able to go out and explore the world, EVERYTHING was supposed to be real according to Bungie. Also, Bungie said how each armor and gun was unique, but they poorly designed them, they literally ALL look the same with different skins or "camo's" on them. Every single gun model in the same, plain and boring. Also, during E3 2013 I believe, maybe earlier, Bungie showed off planets such as Venus and it's moon and other things saying these were to be with the launch of the game, how we could explore with our ships, yet we can't explore with our ships, and rumors are floating around that Venus will only be in upcoming DLC, it like they took everything out of this game, shipped it with minimal content and want to sell us everything else after the fact.

How can anyone support Bungie on this? I know the game just came out, I know it's going to develop but how are you supporting the game with the state that it's in right now? How can you rationally say that you are glad you spent $65-$150 on this game? It's a poor game and seems like Bungie totally sold out to Activision, I just can't fathom how people can sit here and say this game was worth the money and tell the people who are rationally thinking and saying this game is bad, that it's good. The feel of this game is awesome, the concept is amazing and PvP is smooth, and fun to play, yes. But there is so much wrong with this game and everything was so poorly executed that I just don't understand what happened to one of the greatest game developers of all time, they sold out, is all I can say.

Do you guys like the game, if so why? Do you guys not like the game, if so what are your problems with it? I know there are so many other issues with this game but the post would be way to long for anyone to read if I went into full detail.

- BFella
The thing is, your post would be literally a few pages long if you actually went into details and made a full list. I've went into full on conversations with friends for hours about all of the mistakes, failures, issues, mechanics, and all of the eye sores of lazy *** designs. I seriously see lazy designs all over the place, poles that go through things, objects you literally phase through, holes in walls that show the abyss of the map, f*** man even when I played through the story there where literally like 10 spots that I could jump to and then fall out of the map for about 5 minutes before dying. If I had to go about my full thoughts on this game it would take forever. I have yet to really see anything they have done right in this game besides the very minimal basic things and even then that's too much credit to give bungie.

BFella

BFella

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The thing is, your post would be literally a few pages long if you actually went into details and made a full list. I've went into full on conversations with friends for hours about all of the mistakes, failures, issues, mechanics, and all of the eye sores of lazy *** designs. I seriously see lazy designs all over the place, poles that go through things, objects you literally phase through, holes in walls that show the abyss of the map, **** man even when I played through the story there where literally like 10 spots that I could jump to and then fall out of the map for about 5 minutes before dying. If I had to go about my full thoughts on this game it would take forever. I have yet to really see anything they have done right in this game besides the very minimal basic things and even then that's too much credit to give bungie.

I agree, I tried to limit my post but there's honestly so many more issues with this game that it would, like you said, take up pages to go completely in depth about the mistakes of this game. The 1 thing that shines in this game, but still get's boring, is PvP.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
I swear you made a thread in the gears section awhile ago that was exactly like this

Diamond

Diamond

Keep On Shining
Mr. Nice Guy Services Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
it like they took everything out of this game, shipped it with minimal content and want to sell us everything else after the fact.
YAS

There's like what, 7 maps in PvP? Then not even a month after launch they announce DLC that will more than double the number of maps already present in the game. Not even CoD does that.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I have to agree with OP. I am playing it and enjoying most of it but I feel such a lack of options. I'm basically playing it now waiting for the next hyped game to come out so I can move on. I am sure a lot of players feel this way.

BFella

BFella

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
YAS

There's like what, 7 maps in PvP? Then not even a month after launch they announce DLC that will more than double the number of maps already present in the game. Not even CoD does that.
Bungie sold out to Activision ):

odium

odium

im like ibaka when it comes to blocks
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I have to agree with OP. I am playing it and enjoying most of it but I feel such a lack of options. I'm basically playing it now waiting for the next hyped game to come out so I can move on. I am sure a lot of players feel this way.
depends what future dlc hold in store but i sort of feel like this. when GTA online for xbox one comes out i will definitely be all on that again. if thats a disappointment, which it will be, i may see myself back on destiny for the long term. new borderlands not being on xb1 really disappoints me and i will probably not buy it.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA V is awesome. I have it for 360 and will buy it again for xbox 1. I heard there was going to be a zombie mod for GTA V when it comes out for xbox one. That is definitely a game done right. Even with all the glitches and stuff it is always fun. Will buy the new COD just for the zombies. That is a bros go to chill night game. I will probably get to 30 in Destiny then quit since there's no point.

xJayDeex

xJayDeex

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
A game is never complete until development has ceased, correct? Well as I see it, and as I see many other games, They aren't done. What they do from now on is what really depends on the popularity and the enjoyment you get from the game.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
3. False Advertising This game was advertised falsely, it really was. I remember watching numerous videos where developers were saying how "If we can see it, we can go out there and explore it" yet there's barriers here, and there and "Turn Back" walls. What happened to being able to go out and explore the world, EVERYTHING was supposed to be real according to Bungie. Also, Bungie said how each armor and gun was unique, but they poorly designed them, they literally ALL look the same with different skins or "camo's" on them. Every single gun model in the same, plain and boring. Also, during E3 2013 I believe, maybe earlier, Bungie showed off planets such as Venus and it's moon and other things saying these were to be with the launch of the game, how we could explore with our ships, yet we can't explore with our ships, and rumors are floating around that Venus will only be in upcoming DLC, it like they took everything out of this game, shipped it with minimal content and want to sell us everything else after the fact.

This is what upsets me most about this game. When you look back at the E3 events and whatnot, it's like they're talking about a completely different game.

I enjoy Destiny, have a lvl 27 and lvl 28, but I think Destiny is one of the biggest flops in a long time. By flop I don't mean it's not fun or that it's not doing well, but the fact that it was suppose to be SOOOOOOOO much more, yet falls so short on what they told us Destiny was suppose to be.

I'm interested in seeing what the DLC has in store for us, it'll show us if this game was really cut into pieces so it could be sold off as DLC or something went completely wrong in the development of this game and they had to rush/cut a ton of stuff.

Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
What are you going on about Venus being DLC. Have you even played the game?

I think Activision is at fault for a lot of this. Heard they made Bungie strip a lot of content out.

R34

R34

Aggressive
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
This is what upsets me most about this game. When you look back at the E3 events and whatnot, it's like they're talking about a completely different game.

I enjoy Destiny, have a lvl 27 and lvl 28, but I think Destiny is one of the biggest flops in a long time. By flop I don't mean it's not fun or that it's not doing well, but the fact that it was suppose to be SOOOOOOOO much more, yet falls so short on what they told us Destiny was suppose to be.

I'm interested in seeing what the DLC has in store for us, it'll show us if this game was really cut into pieces so it could be sold off as DLC or something went completely wrong in the development of this game and they had to rush/cut a ton of stuff.

This sums it up for me.

Absim

Absim

One Take
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA V is awesome. I have it for 360 and will buy it again for xbox 1. I heard there was going to be a zombie mod for GTA V when it comes out for xbox one. That is definitely a game done right. Even with all the glitches and stuff it is always fun. Will buy the new COD just for the zombies. That is a bros go to chill night game. I will probably get to 30 in Destiny then quit since there's no point.
There is no zombies in the new COD

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
i heard they're adding chat to in-game so u can talk

Kamui

Kamui

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I just think it's too repititive. I'm tired of doing the same missions over and over and not even getting anything. They made the loot system random on purpose so that you literally have to just put so much time into getting things.

Arxhive

Arxhive

NØISEWΛVE
Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Whatever happened to the complaint thread?
Anyway, in addition as I stated somewhere before, the game worlds all follow the format of open area>canyon>open area. Pretty lazy map design in my opinion, even though the worlds do look good.

Top Bottom
Login
Register