What's new

Question Problem XBOX 360 ROL mod LEDs

Polonha

Polonha

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello friends.

Yesterday I modified and replaced the LEDs on the front panel of my Xbox 360 Slim (2009).
It was a very tiring job, but when I finally finished and tested it, it worked! (Image 1) However, when I put the Faceplate (front panel) back in its place ... Disappointment. The green acrylic around the "power" button transformed the super bright blue LED into a light green LED (Image 2).

I don't know how to solve this, I've seen slim consoles like mine where the guy managed to modify the LEDs, that is, there must be some way to do it. If anyone knows please tell me.

Nvia33771

Nvia33771

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a few spare face plates so I decided to operate on one. Using a flat head screw driver, you can remove the button from the face plate but the green acrylic ring is attached to it. But it would be almost impossible to remove it without damaging the button, face plate or ribbon cable.

I think the LED's are the issue, not the acrylic. I have changed the LED's and they looked fine. I also own a limited edition Star Wars console which comes from factory with blue LED's and they've still used the same green acrylic on that.

Are you using 0603 LED's and installing all ten LED's on the board ?

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello friends.

Yesterday I modified and replaced the LEDs on the front panel of my Xbox 360 Slim (2009).
It was a very tiring job, but when I finally finished and tested it, it worked! (Image 1) However, when I put the Faceplate (front panel) back in its place ... Disappointment. The green acrylic around the "power" button transformed the super bright blue LED into a light green LED (Image 2).

I don't know how to solve this, I've seen slim consoles like mine where the guy managed to modify the LEDs, that is, there must be some way to do it. If anyone knows please tell me.
You'll need to use brighter LEDs to combat this. That's how it's done. I had similar issues when I changed mine to pure white and the fix was to install brighter SMD LEDs to flush out the white.

Top Bottom
Login
Register