What's new

Unsolved Problem with RGH installation. Managed to boot xell, grabbed CPU key, and then no longer glitches.

• Thread starter FakeSypha
  • Start date
  • Views 178
F

FakeSypha

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm here again asking for help to the pros and knowledgeable people of se7ensins. I'll try to explain my problem here.

I'm doing a RGH2 installation on a Jasper 512 mobo. I'm using a x360ace v3. I dumped the nand twice, I got 2 good and matching dumps. Did the next step of writing ECC. Programmed and installed the chip. Booted into Xell for the first time. Managed to write down the CPU key. It booted in 5 or 6 seconds at most. Pretty nice for a first try. Anyway, all nice and smooth until there. I turned the console off to do the next step (generating a xebuild image). Got my updflash.bin file so I can finish off this installation. And here is the problem: I turn on the console but the chip is attempting to glitch without success. The green light is blinking 2-3 times and then gets a sustained light for a brief moments. In any case, it just doesn't boot to xell anymore.

I double checked the wiring just in case but there aren't any issues there. I can provide photos of it, if needed. I documented most of the process too, just in case.

Any help or tip is appreciated. I hope I don't have to redo all the nand dumping process all over again. I did it through LPT (2.5 hours each dump). I can't complain since dumps were clean, but took for ever.

Ps: I followed this guide for the most part (except the chip installation diagram, since I have a Jasper) https://quade.co/2017/trinity-rgh/

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm here again asking for help to the pros and knowledgeable people of se7ensins. I'll try to explain my problem here.

I'm doing a RGH2 installation on a Jasper 512 mobo. I'm using a x360ace v3. I dumped the nand twice, I got 2 good and matching dumps. Did the next step of writing ECC. Programmed and installed the chip. Booted into Xell for the first time. Managed to write down the CPU key. It booted in 5 or 6 seconds at most. Pretty nice for a first try. Anyway, all nice and smooth until there. I turned the console off to do the next step (generating a xebuild image). Got my updflash.bin file so I can finish off this installation. And here is the problem: I turn on the console but the chip is attempting to glitch without success. The green light is blinking 2-3 times and then gets a sustained light for a brief moments. In any case, it just doesn't boot to xell anymore.

I double checked the wiring just in case but there aren't any issues there. I can provide photos of it, if needed. I documented most of the process too, just in case.

Any help or tip is appreciated. I hope I don't have to redo all the nand dumping process all over again. I did it through LPT (2.5 hours each dump). I can't complain since dumps were clean, but took for ever.

Ps: I followed this guide for the most part (except the chip installation diagram, since I have a Jasper) https://quade.co/2017/trinity-rgh/
You need the RGH timing files pack (Jasper ones are included) so you can program the Ace v3 glitch chip with.You are going to need a JR-Programmer (comes with the glitch chip programming cable included) or an Xecuter Nand-X Programmer in order to program the glitch chip (JR-Programmer is the much cheaper option of the 2).
Get the programmer (Ebay seems the best for this) once you receive it through the post,then do a google search so you can download the RGH timing files pack and go from there.

F

FakeSypha

Reaction score
You need the RGH timing files pack (Jasper ones are included) so you can program the Ace v3 glitch chip with.You are going to need a JR-Programmer (comes with the glitch chip programming cable included) or an Xecuter Nand-X Programmer in order to program the glitch chip (JR-Programmer is the much cheaper option of the 2).
Get the programmer (Ebay seems the best for this) once you receive it through the post,then do a google search so you can download the RGH timing files pack and go from there.
Thanks for the advice, but I already programed (flashed timing file) the chip. Otherwise, the console wouldn't boot that first time it did. As I said, i got into xell once, turned the console off, and then never glitched again.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but without the proper timing file it couldn't boot, not even once. Anyhow, tomorrow I'll play around with other timings... While hoping it gets resolved.

Idk, maybe the nand got corrupted? I just throwing out the question.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but I already programed (flashed timing file) the chip. Otherwise, the console wouldn't boot that first time it did. As I said, i got into xell once, turned the console off, and then never glitched again.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but without the proper timing file it couldn't boot, not even once. Anyhow, tomorrow I'll play around with other timings... While hoping it gets resolved.

Idk, maybe the nand got corrupted? I just throwing out the question.
You still need to work through the Jasper timing files till you find the right one that will glitch your console the quickest.
Each Xbox 360 console (Every model i mean) is different in how the RGH hack works on them.So even if you had another Jasper and you RGH that,nine times out of ten you'll end up using a different timing file on both consoles.

F

FakeSypha

Reaction score
You still need to work through the Jasper timing files till you find the right one that will glitch your console the quickest.
Each Xbox 360 console (Every model i mean) is different in how the RGH hack works on them.So even if you had another Jasper and you RGH that,nine times out of ten you'll end up using a different timing file on both consoles.
Yeah, makes sense. What bugs me is the fact that it booted right away the first time. Turned off the xbox, and then not anymore.
Anyway, after work I'll try different timing files. I'll report back with results! Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

I found the problem. RROD 0022. I flashed back the retail nand, upon power up after exact 27 seconds shows RROD subcode 0022. Which is typically a nand error. So, it got corrupted as I was suspecting... That's why it wasn't glitching.

I checked the retail nand dump backup I did at the start. No bad blocks. Clean dump, all good.
I left it writing the stock nand again. This time with AutoGG.

Last edited:
F

FakeSypha

Reaction score
Well, couldn't fix it myself so I left it at a repair shop. Thanks anyway ppl!

Top Bottom