What's new

Solved problem with flashed dvd drive

AymenBJ

AymenBJ

Reaction score
Sin$
hello guys,
i recently got a old zephyr phat xbox 360. I'am not really sure about it being dvd flashed or not but i'am 90% sure since most xboxs in my contary are modded and it was opened before.
when i launch it found that it have a dashborad version somrthing like 16xxx and the last acitivity is from 2013.
also by removing the front plate it turns out to have a benq drive (two white wires behind the small hole)
So i tried burning a back up of a xgd3 game (forza horizon 2). at this one the writing process went OK but when veryfing whit imgburn it gived me a IO error at 49% and a game CRC error with ABGX360 (ERROR: Unrecoverable read error while checking the Game CRC) and when i try it in the xbox it just turs the screen black for a second and redirect me to the dashboard. So i considered that a defective burn.
After that i tried a xgd2 game (Halo 3) and that one went Ok in both buring and verfication (using imgburn and ABGX360) but when i insert the game in the xbox it ditected as a dvd movie and shows me "to play this disc put it in an xbox 360" sign and sometines unrecognized disk when i boot up the console whit the desk on it.
So i want to know what that's mean and did my xbox need a dvd flashing to play backup? and why i cant burn xgd3 game?
thank you (i used the needed vebatim disks just to know)

Solution
Newsk
I flashed a ton of 360s using that old method before getting the proper tools and never had any issues with live. Heck my sons still using the same acct today !
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
hello guys,
i recently got a old zephyr phat xbox 360. I'am not really sure about it being dvd flashed or not but i'am 90% sure since most xboxs in my contary are modded and it was opened before.
when i launch it found that it have a dashborad version somrthing like 16xxx and the last acitivity is from 2013.
also by removing the front plate it turns out to have a benq drive (two white wires behind the small hole)
So i tried burning a back up of a xgd3 game (forza horizon 2). at this one the writing process went OK but when veryfing whit imgburn it gived me a IO error at 49% and a game CRC error with ABGX360 (ERROR: Unrecoverable read error while checking the Game CRC) and when i try it in the xbox it just turs the screen black for a second and redirect me to the dashboard. So i considered that a defective burn.
After that i tried a xgd2 game (Halo 3) and that one went Ok in both buring and verfication (using imgburn and ABGX360) but when i insert the game in the xbox it ditected as a dvd movie and shows me "to play this disc put it in an xbox 360" sign and sometines unrecognized disk when i boot up the console whit the desk on it.
So i want to know what that's mean and did my xbox need a dvd flashing to play backup? and why i cant burn xgd3 game?
thank you (i used the needed vebatim disks just to know)
Your BenQ drive is not flashed,that's why it's not playing back-up/copied games.Also you need to make sure that your DVD burner/copier is XDG3 compatible in order to burn XDG3 titles.

AymenBJ

AymenBJ

Reaction score
Sin$
Your BenQ drive is not flashed,that's why it's not playing back-up/copied games.Also you need to make sure that your DVD burner/copier is XDG3 compatible in order to burn XDG3 titles.
Thanks for replying
So can you give a clean and detailed tutorial to flash the drive using only a desktop and sata cable because there is many tutorials using some extra hardware like a sata card or a usb adapter wich i cannot buy. Also is there a possibility that the drive was swappeed out because it can play dvd films without any problem. Also I've tried the original disks and they work fine
Thnx

Last edited:
AymenBJ

AymenBJ

Reaction score
Sin$
hey, (an update)
i've flashed my xbox today with ltplus-0442-v3.0 frimware and now every thing works like a charm! even that defected forza horizon 2 works perfecly! So my only question know: Could i can connect it to the internet and use Xbox live? because i read that trying to ran a game with AP2.5 security without a flashed drive (which what i did) can flag the console.
thank you everybody for help!

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for replying
So can you give a clean and detailed tutorial to flash the drive using only a desktop and sata cable because there is many tutorials using some extra hardware like a sata card or a usb adapter wich i cannot buy. Also is there a possibility that the drive was swappeed out because it can play dvd films without any problem. Also I've tried the original disks and they work fine
Thnx
If your desktop pc has a compatible onboard chipset,then you don't need the USB flashing kit (just a SATA cable but if your pc onboard chipset isn't compatible to flash the drive,then you will need th USB flash kit (X360 USB Pro).
You can still use your Xbox 360 to power your DVD drive for the flashing process when using a pc's onboard chipset but i don't advise it,as i've read loads of reports that your console could still get banned on Xbox Live by using this method.
So hardware your going to require will be.
Either your Xbox 360 to power the DVD drive or an Xecuter CK3 Lite to power the DVD drive from one of your pc's "Molex" power plugs.
an Xecuter X360 USB Pro,if your onboard chipset is not compatible with flashing the drive.
or the old VIA 6421 SATA PCI card (if your pc's motherboard has the old type of PCI slots on it.Don't be confused with PCI and PCI-e though.It has to be PCI,which is older gen than PCI-e slots.
Jungleflasher software and the "Ixtreme" custom firmware for your BenQ drive (downloadable a google search or from "Auto Xbins"
In the JungleFlasher software you'll download,there is a "PDF" document that is the tuturial/guide on how too flash your drive.Just read it,read it again and go from there,buddy.

AymenBJ

AymenBJ

Reaction score
Sin$
If your desktop pc has a compatible onboard chipset,then you don't need the USB flashing kit (just a SATA cable but if your pc onboard chipset isn't compatible to flash the drive,then you will need th USB flash kit (X360 USB Pro).
You can still use your Xbox 360 to power your DVD drive for the flashing process when using a pc's onboard chipset but i don't advise it,as i've read loads of reports that your console could still get banned on Xbox Live by using this method.
So hardware your going to require will be.
Either your Xbox 360 to power the DVD drive or an Xecuter CK3 Lite to power the DVD drive from one of your pc's "Molex" power plugs.
an Xecuter X360 USB Pro,if your onboard chipset is not compatible with flashing the drive.
or the old VIA 6421 SATA PCI card (if your pc's motherboard has the old type of PCI slots on it.Don't be confused with PCI and PCI-e though.It has to be PCI,which is older gen than PCI-e slots.
Jungleflasher software and the "Ixtreme" custom firmware for your BenQ drive (downloadable a google search or from "Auto Xbins"
In the JungleFlasher software you'll download,there is a "PDF" document that is the tuturial/guide on how too flash your drive.Just read it,read it again and go from there,buddy.
Thnks for replying but as i said before i did flashed the drive using the xbox 360 as power source and a sata question a now every game works great but my wuestion is:
》Could i can connect it to the internet and use Xbox live? because i read that trying to ran a game with AP2.5 security without a flashed drive (which what i did) can flag the console.
Thanks

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
hey, (an update)
i've flashed my xbox today with ltplus-0442-v3.0 frimware and now every thing works like a charm! even that defected forza horizon 2 works perfecly! So my only question know: Could i can connect it to the internet and use Xbox live? because i read that trying to ran a game with AP2.5 security without a flashed drive (which what i did) can flag the console.
thank you everybody for help!
Sorry,i hadn't read this reply from you before answering your newer thread.
Yes your console could get banned from Xbox Live due to you using the actual console to power the drive for flashing :frown:

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I flashed a ton of 360s using that old method before getting the proper tools and never had any issues with live. Heck my sons still using the same acct today !

Solution
Top Bottom
Login
Register