What's new

Discussion Problem with 360 after using modded maps...Can someone help out?

• Thread starter jglynn444
  • Start date
  • Views 664
J

jglynn444

Reaction score
Sin$
Last night I downloaded a hand full of maps off of ibotmodz.com and I played on them in forge for a while before I went to bed. So when I shut down my 360 that night and then turned it on today to play again, the icon where the game should be said: "Open Tray". I clicked it and the tray popped open and there was Halo 3, so I cleaned the CD and popped it back in, and it said: "Reading"....."Open Tray". So I opened the tray and tossed in a few other games that were almost brand new. "Reading"......"Open Tray". The only game I played before this happened was halo 3. Is it possible that the modded maps are screwing with my Xbox? Help and info would be greatly appreaciated.

P.S. Everything else worked fine.

Xpargas

Xpargas

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope, they cant do that

Your laser is probably messed up

L

Letol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
jglynn444 said:
Yeah, that's what I figured :S. Thanks anyway.

It could also be your motor. My motor just died less than a week ago. Ordered a new DVD drive, switched the circuit boards, put the new DVD drive in, boom. Perfect.

At first I thought it was a problem with the laser, but here's how I figured out what was really up. I took apart the 360, took the casing off of the DVD drive, put a game in, open and closed the tray, then observed (make sure to put the game in, I'm sure you know but that laser could really mess your eyes up).

I suggest you do this, if the laser works you can see the red dot through the disc, and if the motor works, the disc will spin (be careful of that). If you do this though, be careful you don't mess up your warranty sticker, even though other places will repair your 360 regardless.

I only suggest you do this because I would rather pay $70 to wait 6 days for the parts I need than pay $140 to wait 5 weeks for my 360 (the DVD drive isn't automatically covered by warranty like RRoD, it actually has to be in the warranty)

Top Bottom
Login
Register